• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Re: Show Recommendations?

#28080 3 years, 2 months ago
question here: downloaded a few shows off of archive and when I go to burn em disc at once, they always skip at the end of the track to the next one. Not alot but enough for me to notice and it's irritating. I'm just using a basic cd burner - Easy Creator 5 or such. It only screws up on this site. Anyone ever have trouble like this?
derek92
Junior Boarder

#28082 3 years, 2 months ago
2010-3-3 auditorium theater great show (i listen to the i know you rider everyday)

2011-2-11/12/13 broomfield 3 great shows

2010-5-29/30 Furthur Fest

2010-11-12/13 UIC best mtn>rider transition ive heard

Hopefully all days are right if you poke around enough you can find some free furthur soundboards
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#28086 3 years, 2 months ago
the best buy shows were 3/10-3/13 (4 shows) and you already got Phil's B-day on 15th........RCMH 3/25, 3/26, 3/27

archive does that little skip when I stream shows, never downloaded any - is it supposed to skip during stream?
JOE DANGLE
Junior Boarder

#28090 3 years, 2 months ago
Cincinatti OH 11-14-10 I can not stress enough how completely well played and underated this show is. I got a good copy from archive.org Check it out and let me know what you think.......
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#28094 3 years, 2 months ago
Thanks everyone for the recommendations ! Much appreciated =-)
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by DeadHead420.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#28103 3 years, 2 months ago
captaintony wrote:
question here: downloaded a few shows off of archive and when I go to burn em disc at once, they always skip at the end of the track to the next one. Not alot but enough for me to notice and it's irritating. I'm just using a basic cd burner - Easy Creator 5 or such. It only screws up on this site. Anyone ever have trouble like this?
If you're DL'ing MP3's they have breaks in the tracks
try Bit-Torrents it's more complicated and takes longer but the results are superior
To Bit-Torrent you will need the following free App's :www.utorrent.com/downloads , this is for DL'ing the Torrents to your PC also :trader-s-little-helper.software.informer.com/ this is an audio compressor/decompressor which opens the torrents up and converts them to WAV Files ( the Language that CD's are written in )
You also might want to read up on Torrenting at this site : www.etree.org/
hope this helps Torrents are far superior to the archive DL's and the selection is better too
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#28106 3 years, 2 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
captaintony wrote:
try Bit-Torrents it's more complicated and takes longer but the results are superior
To Bit-Torrent you will need the following free App's :www.utorrent.com/downloads , this is for DL'ing the Torrents to your PC also :trader-s-little-helper.software.informer.com/ this is an audio compressor/decompressor which opens the torrents up and converts them to WAV Files ( the Language that CD's are written in )
hope this helps Torrents are far superior to the archive DL's and the selection is better too

Yeah, i havent used the archive, or mp3. I BitTorrent. Ur right it takes a while, but its prettttty crisp. Takes lik...iono overnight to download a show. Worth it tho. =-)
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by DeadHead420.
GrayFolded
Junior Boarder
PhilDropsBombs

#28107 3 years, 2 months ago
03-03-10 is the best setlist I've seen by the band...Great show and one of the final few shows for Jay Lane...
LeshPhilingBassGreat
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba, DeadHead420
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#28139 3 years, 2 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
captaintony wrote:

I never download mp3s, unless I use Frostwire for individual songs. I notice a difference in sound and they used to be frowned upon in the cd trading scene. I use that torrent program also, I'd have to send you a cd or such so you can hear it. It happens alot when connecting tracks on that torrent program. Maybe I need a better cd burner program.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#28178 3 years, 2 months ago
captaintony wrote:

Not sure if this is what you are talking about but I've downloaded numerous shows and every now and then there is a song or two that cuts out half way through...try playing the songs after you download and skip right to the end of the song to see if it is messed up...download again if needed..I use archive and have 99% success
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds