• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Re: Ever get ripped off on shakedown street?

#28157 3 years, 2 months ago
I got bunked once, which is a surprise, I've got a lot of stuff on the lot.

When I was looking to buy at the next show I was telling the guy that I had been bunked.

Someone standing next to me said, "you were bunked? here." He took a couple of hits from his stash, gave them to me, and just walked away.

It was great, Louisville 93. I was standing right behind Vince Welnick, next to backstage and right near some speakers. What a good time that was.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

#28454 3 years, 2 months ago
Yep, unfortunately it's happened a couple times. I like to think I'm pretty good at spotting them now. This year at Wanee we had some fella at our campsite that had some of everything and he kept saying "you can trust me, I'm an old-school deadhead." Lol, no thanks buddy.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#28490 3 years, 2 months ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
I was plannin on sellin bracelets on Shakedown. Any advice? I dont wanna set up a table or anything.Not sure how much i should sell em for. Some will be hemp with glass beads. Some glass beads, n some smaller beads.....I dont wanna charge to much or too little.
THE CARDBOARD THING WILL WORK OR LOOP SEVERAL ONTO TO ONEcaps loc dont display them all in case they crack down on vending and want to take your shit keep some stashed in your pack or something..while im thinking about it you should get a money belt or a money walllet that hans round your neck and lays flat under your shirt i just saw some at the AAA store and thought of you hitching.back in the day everyone had this little pouch round their neck to hold your goodies,cash tickets etc
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#28564 3 years, 2 months ago
Is anyone going to see Phish at Bethel this weekend? I will be there. Coming from Canada. I would love to hook up with someone that will not BUNK me. I'm a little paranoid when crossing borders, and worried about getting the worst BUNK of em all by a US Customs Agent.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#28620 3 years, 2 months ago
im gonna be there sat but i dont indulge
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#28773 3 years, 2 months ago
Yeah actually at Shoreline for the Dead show, got some bunk tabs. But in comparason with all the times I've been given free stuff i.e beer, food, tabs, art etc.. It ain't to bad, the guy was hangin on the outskirts of the lot an kinda seemed skittish, shoulda known
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
thundershouter
Visitor

#28810 3 years, 2 months ago
I've never been ripped off, but I've seen thieves and scammers get their asses beat. Tough luck I say.
Time to create page: 0.81 seconds