• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

Re: Berkeley Greek Theater Roll Call

#285024 6 months, 4 weeks ago
I am staying at the Double Tree with a friend. She does not like to drive in the evening, so if doable we would like to bum a ride to and from the hotel. The Greek is about 3.5 miles away. Is cab service easy to come by? Also it would be nice to have some 'informal' gatherings at the hotel with both FFF members and other Furthur folks. All of this is will work itself out once we get to Berkeley, but I thought I would throw this out now. Arriving Thursday, can't hardly wait!
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#285027 6 months, 4 weeks ago
Cabs are relatively easy. No NYC of course, but what is???? I would guess the cabbies know about shows at the Greek and show up accordingly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
Sweet Ann Marie
Junior Boarder
My heart is like a wheel, let me roll it to you.

#285047 6 months, 3 weeks ago
I'm staying in San Francisco and BARTing in Cab back Saturday and drive in Sunday. Is there on campus parking and hence a shakedown?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
Let me forget about today until tomorrow
Chester
More or less in line

#285059 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Sweet Ann Marie wrote:
I'm staying in San Francisco and BARTing in Cab back Saturday and drive in Sunday. Is there on campus parking and hence a shakedown?

I've just been looking at Google maps, and Google earth 3D. It really doesn't look like there are any large parking facilities
at the venue. there is some space. But not much. There are two large parking lots about a quarter mile or so away. I'm
guessing that's where the general parking will be. Shakedown might be there. Or closer to the venue somewhere.
Checking out the area virtually ahead of time is a big help. You can even print out the maps.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sweet Ann Marie
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#285109 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Sweet Ann Marie wrote:

There's a small parking lot at the top of the venue. Some times there's a very small scene there, but for the most part they do there best to not have any sort of shakedown going on. For these shows I'll pretty much show up at 7 and head right in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sweet Ann Marie
Sweet Ann Marie
Junior Boarder

#285114 6 months, 3 weeks ago
thank you so much!!! good to know as on Sunday i'll be driving in, since i'm leaving to yosemite right after the show... if anyone is staying in San Francisco and needs a one way ride to the show on Sunday.... let me know!!!

I just need to know where ill be parking! ha!!! I've done some google mapping and it seems relatively easy, but i'm not the worlds best navigator (thank god for Siri)

when i went to UC Santa Cruz to see the exhibit, they were kinda confusing, but then, the whole campus is laid out like the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, so i don't think i was the only one... hopefully UC Berkeley won't be nearly as ... ummmm.... "laid back" when it comes to layout...
Chester
More or less in line

#285129 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Parking may be a bit problematic. Researching a little. I found this campus map.

large_map.gif
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sweet Ann Marie, Tiki Mon, amusingdeva
Sweet Ann Marie
Junior Boarder

#285131 6 months, 3 weeks ago
you rock FACE Chester!!! thank you!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#285187 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Near the top of the map, about center, there's a "Parking structure". Looks like a short walk to the venue.
There may be some restrictions, like we can't park there before 5 or something. Still a bit unsure of where
to park. If anyone has any specific info, please post it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#285192 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Chester wrote:
Parking may be a bit problematic. Researching a little. I found this campus map.

large_map.gif

There are 2 parking garages near the venue the upper & lower Hearst parking garages, the upper has about 300 spaces but the lower has over 600, the upper closes at 2 am, the lower is 24 hrs, both charge $3 an hr and up to $15 max. I don't know if they have time limits.

There are smaller parking areas just off campus by Durant & Bancroft area but they all have different times for closing.
There is a website that shows all the parking lots and garages w/ prices and times at parkopedia.com, I just googled parking at the greek theater berkeley, ca. Something to check out.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
Last Edit: 6 months, 3 weeks ago by ratdog2112.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, amusingdeva
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds