Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

Re: PARADISE WAITS ROLL CALL

#300377 10 months ago
EXCURSIONS ON SALE NOW!

Scuba - Tuesday, January 21st 9:15AM til 2:00PM
Price: $129 USD
An epic two tank dive at the world's 2nd largest coral reef, which houses hundreds of species of marine life! You will be amazed by the parade of tropical fish, and you may get to see turtles, see seahorses, angel fish, rays, and a huge variety of colorful coral. You may even be surprised by a lurking barracuda or hammerhead shark!

Positive Legacy Charity Golf Tournament - Tuesday, January 21st 11:00AM til 3:00PM
Price: $200 USD
Join us for the Furthur Paradise Waits Positive Legacy Charity Golf Tournament. Positive Legacy is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit organization whose mission is to integrate music and service to benefit people and the environment. This 18 hole shotgun tournament will take place at the Playacar Golf Club, one of the best courses in the Maya Riviera (18 hole Par 72 course). You can pay for your golf using a credit card or using Resort Credits.
Takin' it in stride!
Strider1
Platinum Boarder

#300378 10 months ago
EXCURSIONS ON SALE NOW!

Coba Temples and Grand Cenote - Tuesday, January 21st 11:00AM til 5:00PM
Price: $158 USD
Begin your magical tour by transporting back to the Ancient Mayan city of Coba, home of the tallest pyramid on the Yucatan Peninsula.These majestic structures are uniquely set amidst lush vegetation in the Mexican rainforest. Visitors enjoy a fascinating guided tour of the archaeological site and have the opportunity to personally climb the pyramid, if they dare. The view of the rainforest is inspiring and leaves you in awe!

Deep Sea Fishing - Wednesday, January 22nd 8:30AM til 3:00PM
Head out on a professional fishing boat with your captain and prized fish in mind - you could bring home the big kahuna in these waters that are famous for big pound Sail Fish, Marlin, Mahi Mahi, King Mackerel, & Wahoooooo!!! Participants will split up into boats that will quickly fan out into the Big Drink to seek out their prized pescados.
Takin' it in stride!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#300379 10 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
EXCURSIONS ON SALE NOW!

Authentic Mexican Cooking Class - Tuesday, January 21st 9:00AM til 1:30PM
Price: $95 USD
Learn how to cook a Mexican two course meal in a chic and cozy atmosphere. This is a hands on experience so get ready to touch, smell and taste your food. This will give you a fast approach to amazing Mexican cuisine. In this course you will also learn about tequila and Mezcal, fresh and dried chilies, and even stories about some traditional dishes.

I'm very tempted by this one. My hesitation is that looking at the details, it's off-site and sounds like the class/tasting are only 2-3 hours, which means it could be hike to get there, and I hate to spend too much time in a van. Plus it does start a tad early, even though I'm usually up early on beach vacations. This trip, I'm with you, Strider, on wanting to maximize the pool/beach/food/drink time at the resort!!

Still considering a short shopping trip to PDC on Tuesday. Although, surprisingly, I got some great earrings at the Cancun airport while waiting to leave last trip. That was very convenient and productive shopping!!
Strider1
Platinum Boarder

#300380 10 months ago
EXCURSIONS ON SALE NOW!

Snorkeling Adventure - Wednesday, January 22nd 10:00AM til 4:00PM
Price: $125 USD
Visit the 2nd largest coral reef in the world and enjoy the incredible national marine park teeming with tropical fish. There will be two locations visited and once you are tuckered out and ready for the beach, enjoy a fantastic Mexican food spread and some sandy relaxation time.

Positive Legacy Day of Service - Wednesday, January 22nd 10:00AM til 4:00PM
Price: $65 USD
Here's your chance to experience the natural beauties of Mexico and to help make a positive impact on the surrounding community! Join Positive Legacy and National Park Reef of Puerto Morelos (PNAPM) in experiencing some of the national park's most unique protected areas while learning about the strategies the park uses to reduce waste pollution in Puerto Morelos. Attendees will snorkel in the world's second largest reef or enjoy a bike tour of the costal ecosystem. We will visit the park's Turtle Camp and clean a mangrove with the help of local Puerto Morelos students. In the afternoon we join together with the students, national park employees and community members for lunch and live music provided by local musicians.
Takin' it in stride!
Strider1
Platinum Boarder

#300381 10 months ago
EXCURSIONS ON SALE NOW!

Tulum Express - Wednesday, January 22nd 10:30AM til 5:00PM
Price: $69 USD
Tulum is the only Mayan city built on ocean cliffs and today is one of the best preserve cultural sites, as the city survived untouched for 70 years after the Spanish Conquistadores invasion. Explore an area believed to be sacred to the Mayan culture and get lost among the many once-majestic buildings adorning the craggy cliffs.

Playa del Carmen Shopping Excursion - Wednesday and Thursday, January 22nd and 23rd 11:00AM til 4:00PM
Price: $22 USD
When in Mexico - be in Mexico! This is your chance to enjoy the arts, entertainment, food and tequila that Mexico has to offer. Calle Cinco (5th Street) is Playa del Carmen's art & food district - you can stroll along the closed-to-traffic street and enjoy a plethora of shops and cozy coffee corners. We will provide a loose guide with points of interest, and you can create your own experience! Shuttles will be departing daily.

Xel-ha - Thursday, January 23rd 10:30AM til 5:00PM
Find yourself in water paradise at Xel-Ha (Water Spring, Xel meaning spring and Ha meaning water) and enjoy the extraordinary network of natural pools and waterways. You will be journeying through paths in a tropical forest and can jump into an incredible "natural aquarium" where you can snorkel in calm waters, a witness to its natural beauty.
Takin' it in stride!
Strider1
Platinum Boarder

#300382 10 months ago
I think I might change my golfing day to Tuesday and participate in the charity golf tourney.

Probably rent a car and check out Tulum, Cozumel, and other sites on the 15th-20th.
Takin' it in stride!
Last Edit: 10 months ago by Strider1.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#300383 10 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
EXCURSIONS ON SALE NOW!

Snorkeling Adventure - Wednesday, January 22nd 10:00AM til 4:00PM
Price: $125 USD
Visit the 2nd largest coral reef in the world and enjoy the incredible national marine park teeming with tropical fish. There will be two locations visited and once you are tuckered out and ready for the beach, enjoy a fantastic Mexican food spread and some sandy relaxation time.

It looks like this trip is different at the actual vendor page from what the email describes. The actual trip is only half on the reef, and the other half is in the jungle, doing zip lines. Which could be a lot of fun, but I'd rather spend all my time on the reef.

I might look into some other reef snorkeling trips, in addition to our Xel-ha excursion. I know a yellowtail damselfish and hopefully a sea turtle are just waiting out there to greet me. There's nowhere on earth, including at a GD show, where I'd rather be than in the ocean, preferably hovering over a reef!!!
Chester
More or less in line

#300385 10 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
I think I might change my golfing day to Tuesday and participate in the charity golf tourney.

Probably rent a car and check out Tulum, Cozumel, and other sites on the 15th-20th.

A few folks are talking about just that. Tulum is only about 45 minutes away. I'd prefer to do a private excursion,
with a few folks splitting a taxi, or van. Mayan ruins is on my list. Maybe Cozumel. Keep me informed. It's usually
pretty easy to find a van, or even a limo for rent, with a driver, fairly cheap.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#300389 10 months ago
Chester wrote:
Strider1 wrote:

A few folks are talking about just that. Tulum is only about 45 minutes away. I'd prefer to do a private excursion,
with a few folks splitting a taxi, or van. Mayan ruins is on my list. Maybe Cozumel. Keep me informed. It's usually
pretty easy to find a van, or even a limo for rent, with a driver, fairly cheap.

I'd be up for a private FFF trip to Tulum, if it works out. We're coming in on the 19th and leaving on the 24th, booked for Xel-ha on the 23rd.
AGT710
Junior Boarder
All Good Things In All Good Time

#300397 10 months ago
Hello FFF! This is my first post...My name is Donna, and I am Zipster's wife. Jeff and I are going to be in Mexico on the 17th. We have been in contact with the hotel, and just want to let you all know that the hotel has a trip to Tulum, and Chichen itza, as well as others. You can use your credits on the trips through the hotel! Anyway, we are interested in a side trip to Tulum, depending on the day. We are paying the extra cash for the Wednesday Positive Legacy though. Anyway, can't wait to meet you all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds