• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Re: PARADISE WAITS ROLL CALL

#297245 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Looks like a great turnout! Will sadly be missing it but hoping for a warm stream to blow this way.
Hope to catch so e of you at a 2014 p&f show!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#297558 4 months, 3 weeks ago
There are more and more pictures of the resort being posted, and they look absolutely beautiful. Especially with the gray and snow outside my real window, I am more than ready for this trip!

instagram.com/hrhrivieramaya#

I want to be in the water now!!!!!!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#298535 4 months, 2 weeks ago
After waking up to see another couple of inches of snow on the ground here, I'm very, very happy to say:

ONLY SIX WEEKS UNTIL PARADISE!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, karenrose, pink11
paulbill
Junior Boarder

#300165 3 months, 4 weeks ago
Hi Folks,

Xmas eve, and Paradise Waits is getting much closer!
It is going to be 2014 before we know it.

I am calling a Help on the Way opener, with a Franklins 2nd set closer the last night.
Full sandwich..

Anyone booked any excursions yet?

I have booked a local private outfit/guide for the Coba ruins and Nohoch pyramid, then to Tulum, with some cenote snorkeling/swimming in there as well, for Monday.
Then Chichen Itza, and another cenote I believe, for Tuesday, with the same outfit..Have to do this, even though the ruins are now closed off from climbing.
Then just hitting the resort and facilities for the last two days..

This is just with my friend so far, but if others are interested, there is room to join.
Let me know...

See ya...
Happy holidays..
-Paulbll
The grass ain't greener..The wine ain't sweeter..Either side of the hill..
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#300201 3 months, 4 weeks ago
^^^I can't believe we'll be there just 4 weeks from now!!! I'm not sure what we're doing, if anything, for excursions yet. Definitely a reef snorkel, maybe even all the way to Palancar, off Cozumel, if we get motivated. But just hanging by the pool/lagoon is sounding pretty good too.

You and anyone else that has the time to go to Chichen Itza are in for a real treat, it's an amazing place!! Definitely a must-see, even if you can't climb up the pyramid anymore.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#300346 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Believe it or not, we finally booked our flight (only) yesterday. We will be arriving on the 20th, but we booked our return flight home for the 31st, so we will be booking an additional week at an all inclusive in the area. Is anyone else staying afterwards, and where? Any suggestions? We are definitely up to going on excursions, seeing ruins. Not sure about snorkeling or scuba diving. Would love to hear what everyone else is up to and what suggestions/ideas others might have.
I can't believe it's only 3 and a half weeks away.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#300353 3 months, 3 weeks ago
^^^Having an extra week will really make it a honeymoon!! Have you looked into either going to Cozumel or Isla Mujeres instead of staying near Cancun? They're more laid back, can be less expensive, and the snorkeling/diving is much, much better and more accessible. It's been years since we were there, but we loved the location of the Presidente Intercontinental, it's got very nice snorkeling right off their beach/cove and it's close to Chankanab park. Enjoy!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaredlang
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#300372 3 months, 3 weeks ago
I just got an email from Cloud 9 about excursions, now that was some fun reading!!

We're signed up for the Thursday Xel-ha trip, it would be fun to have some other FFF along if anyone is interested. I'm thinking about signing up for a Playa Del Carmen shuttle one of the days, too. It looks cheaper than a cab, or about the same I'd bet, and shuttles leave every half hour, so you're not stuck down there all afternoon if you have limited shopping interest like me. It's a silver lover's paradise there, though, I can't wait to pick up some new jewelry!!

Oh boy, it's getting closer and closer and more and more real!!!
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#300373 3 months, 3 weeks ago
So, when is everyone else arriving and departing?

I think I get in on the 15th and leave on the 24th or 25th.

I'm gonna do most of my sightseeing before the 20th, then just kick back at the resort during the run of shows, maybe playing a round of golf on Wednesday. I don't want to have to get up early to do a day trip only to rush back and try to find energy for the shows at night. Plus I want to take full advantage of the free food and booze at the resort.
Takin' it in stride!
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Strider1.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#300376 3 months, 3 weeks ago
EXCURSIONS ON SALE NOW!

Authentic Mexican Cooking Class - Tuesday, January 21st 9:00AM til 1:30PM
Price: $95 USD
Learn how to cook a Mexican two course meal in a chic and cozy atmosphere. This is a hands on experience so get ready to touch, smell and taste your food. This will give you a fast approach to amazing Mexican cuisine. In this course you will also learn about tequila and Mezcal, fresh and dried chilies, and even stories about some traditional dishes.
Takin' it in stride!
Time to create page: 0.83 seconds