• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

Re: What makes Furthur special

#27999 2 years, 10 months ago
Abba wrote:
Did anyone mention the goosebumps they get when certain jams come on... Furthur is special to me.... I love how when you are listening to a cd in the car and the jam always goes with the bumps in the road and curves

I ALWAYS get goosebumps, and waves of chills, when listenin to furthur. Its jus beautiful. =-)

=-)Goin FURTHUR on the Summer O' 2011 Furthur Tour=-)

P.S. Who alls goin to Shoreline jun4th? Tis a furthurforum gathering/ smokesesh near the Furthur Prankster Bus at 4:19. 5-6 of us so far. Anybody else goin, n care to join?
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#28022 2 years, 10 months ago
How about the fact that it is 2011 and we still get the chance to see Bobby and Phil!!!! Fucking Phil is going to be 150 on stage in a bed playing his bass by blowing in a tube.....the music never stops
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#28027 2 years, 10 months ago
Furthur is special because it has this guy Phil Lesh in it...
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#28039 2 years, 10 months ago
It's that five mins or so just before they go on , there is a feeling in the air like at that moment anything can happen . Gets you pumped and everyone starts to make some noise . Then everything else is gravy .

Here i come
Mansfield,Ma
Bridgeport,CT

I wish i could do more but ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#28084 2 years, 10 months ago
Youth infusion. Better song selections. And a kickass drummer..aka "The octopus". Awesome sound + light systems doesn't hurt either. And the number one reason is .....BECAUSE THEY CAN!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by strangerinboulder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba, DeadHead420
RadioFlyer
Fresh Boarder

#28093 2 years, 10 months ago
@ Terrapin Sedation: "
"I love the multi-generational vibe."

Me too!!! I'm surprised I forgot to say that. There are really grate younger heads out there at the shows and i love it.
GrayFolded
Junior Boarder
PhilDropsBombs

#28115 2 years, 10 months ago
Just the fact the Phil and Bobby are playing together again makes Furthur so special to me, from the 1st note of the band, i was hooked....

JK is also a very special part of this band to me, just the ultimate tribute to the musical spirit of Jerry every time he plays...
LeshPhilingBassGreat
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420, RadioFlyer
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#28133 2 years, 10 months ago
the feeling i get starts as soon as i hear a tour announced just knowing its coming and then jumping in charlene (my subaru outback wagon) and driving wherever in the country it i s...and it really comes when i hit the floor...the feeling i get is OVERWHELMING smile from ear to ear like it is where i belong right now...and then the music starts, and never stops...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba, DeadHead420
Jack Straw
Junior Boarder

#28149 2 years, 10 months ago
Because going to a show gives me the feeling of coming home
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, DancingBear
robertjfeldman
Junior Boarder
Criminal Defense Attorney

#28204 2 years, 10 months ago
totally agreed....when some of the jams really get us there.....and have noticed that sometimes it takes a few listenings in the car to the instant HD CDs they are producing to really appreciate the imagination and creativity they manifest....... fave song is the Anthem of the Sun number....."i went down one day ....all you need all you need all you need>>>Bobby says at one point of the gypsy woman....."she was a kind-hearted old girl" and "took that thing home...no batteries needed" (dildo?) LMAO every time we hear it.....LOVE LOVE LOVE FURTHUR
can hardly wait for Jones Beach and Alpharetta
come and join the party every day!
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#28438 2 years, 10 months ago
Truly the music NEVER stops ...
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#28448 2 years, 10 months ago
bringing back the old tunes and surprising us with Whiskey In A Jar.. and such.

also, its freeform style. Everyone listens to everyone else.. the conversation could go anywhere.

the ENERGY. Russo really can wake u up.
JK is just perfect for his role in all he does with them.
Phil is nice and loud, really gets your attention.
Bob is using EFX sounds I have never heard before, very interesting, powerful and as usual he does so many little things that go unnoticed by so many regular concert goers.

They have a spark under them right now, I hope they keep it. . I love the energy, power, and soul behind their efforts!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: robertjfeldman, DeadHead420
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds