• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

Re: What makes Furthur special

#27964 3 years, 2 months ago
I am an "old fan",in my Fifties.I have always had a deep love for Grateful Dead and related projects. two years ago when I heard Furthur versions of songs......I just went WOW.heres a group just playing so well as a unit,bringin the love,playin up and down,sometimes good,sometimes great.It doesn't feel fake or mimicky.I am not judging any others....I hope to go see them while this project lasts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba, robertjfeldman, DeadHead420
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#27972 3 years, 2 months ago
The music and the whole scene / party is still strong with furthur, but there does seem (to me at least) to be a shift in the fan base, at least here on the east coast. Feels like less hardcore fans and more balloons at the shows. Or perhaps it's me "growing up" (pushing 50 here, been seeing the boys live for 30 years). Wow, what a Long Strange Trip it's been.

I'm not sure about the drugs of choice nowadays. With my dayjob it's just 420 for me, but it seems less people are tripping face...I'm sure they are there, but seems more low key. Perhaps that's survival in the new world?

~Smoke em if you got em
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#27985 3 years, 2 months ago
Keeping the bus rolling. Furthur is awesome, its a form of the Dead that still out there making us happy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#27996 3 years, 2 months ago
Did anyone mention the goosebumps they get when certain jams come on... Furthur is special to me.... I love how when you are listening to a cd in the car and the jam always goes with the bumps in the road and curves
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, robertjfeldman, Terrapin Sedation
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#27999 3 years, 2 months ago
Abba wrote:
Did anyone mention the goosebumps they get when certain jams come on... Furthur is special to me.... I love how when you are listening to a cd in the car and the jam always goes with the bumps in the road and curves

I ALWAYS get goosebumps, and waves of chills, when listenin to furthur. Its jus beautiful. =-)

=-)Goin FURTHUR on the Summer O' 2011 Furthur Tour=-)

P.S. Who alls goin to Shoreline jun4th? Tis a furthurforum gathering/ smokesesh near the Furthur Prankster Bus at 4:19. 5-6 of us so far. Anybody else goin, n care to join?
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#28022 3 years, 2 months ago
How about the fact that it is 2011 and we still get the chance to see Bobby and Phil!!!! Fucking Phil is going to be 150 on stage in a bed playing his bass by blowing in a tube.....the music never stops
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#28027 3 years, 2 months ago
Furthur is special because it has this guy Phil Lesh in it...
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#28039 3 years, 2 months ago
It's that five mins or so just before they go on , there is a feeling in the air like at that moment anything can happen . Gets you pumped and everyone starts to make some noise . Then everything else is gravy .

Here i come
Mansfield,Ma
Bridgeport,CT

I wish i could do more but ...
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#28084 3 years, 2 months ago
Youth infusion. Better song selections. And a kickass drummer..aka "The octopus". Awesome sound + light systems doesn't hurt either. And the number one reason is .....BECAUSE THEY CAN!!!
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by strangerinboulder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba, DeadHead420
RadioFlyer
Fresh Boarder

#28093 3 years, 2 months ago
@ Terrapin Sedation: "
"I love the multi-generational vibe."

Me too!!! I'm surprised I forgot to say that. There are really grate younger heads out there at the shows and i love it.
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds