• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Hey Phil Lesh! About that Peggy-o in Atlanta......

#27714 3 years, 2 months ago
That was some seriously good shit. I've seen some good ones but that blew me away. You sang it beautifully and i love the quick tempo. At first I thought it was It's All Over Now, but then blam, here comes Peggy-o. I listened to it over and over on my long drive today. Bravo!

www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-04-0....tyler.112853.flac16
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by neverstop66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancingBear
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Hey Phil Lesh! About that Peggy-o in Atlanta......

#27719 3 years, 2 months ago
i've always liked phil singin peggy o---keith check out the one from boston i forget which night but it was prime, a little more uptempo i believe than atlanta, but that sure was nice
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

#27720 3 years, 2 months ago
Recently went to the mighty high mountain festival this weekend and the new riders did a quite good version of peggy-o ,i was so siked and impressed, but this is a very good version also( one of the better ones at that). Is it me or did phil change up the way his vocals are this past tour? I dont know, but for some reason i felt like the tours before spring he would try to hard to belt vocals out and they would all mush together and be hard to understand. This past tour however i would hear his vocals more clearly, i am not sure but all is good, cant wait for summer tour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66
intothesun
Visitor

#27722 3 years, 2 months ago
you're right the tempo is very nice i like it alot. But the acoustic 6 string isn't really doin it for me - the electric on this for jk would have really sounded kick ass. another great upbeat slower jam is lazy river road in Chicago right before jerry passed on. Frikin sick check it -

www.archive.org/details/gd1995-07-09.aud.mahoney.86405.flac16

and it was the last one jerry laid down on. Just beautiful! cheers
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#27751 3 years, 2 months ago
I liked everything about it. I was really loving it that night in Atl and then reliving it today. JK was fantastic, and Russo with the drums, yikes! Nice little ditty by jeff, back up singers sounded good. And best of all, the way Phil sang it. A sweet Peggy o.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#27759 3 years, 2 months ago
And yes. Phils vocals sounded very nice this go round.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#28318 3 years, 1 month ago
bump
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds