Re: Greetings from Ratdog.org

#425 3 years, 7 months ago
highway dont worry about it , not missing much its sort of like being here
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
friki
Fresh Boarder

#426 3 years, 7 months ago
The ratboard can be fun, as can the zone. Good peeps in both houses. A place in the middle is nice, and here we are. For me, I love new or reinterpretations of Dead music and saw Ratdog and Phil's bands as doing different things with the music. I tried to catch either whenever I could. But I'm THRILLED to see both of them on the same stage with this great set of players.

Better and better

See you in Philly.
Bluestnote 1
Junior Boarder

#428 3 years, 7 months ago
HA. Ratdog may have "evolved", but they never were even able to sneak up on "TIGHT".

This board is slower than a Ratdog opening jam.
turtle
Fresh Boarder

#468 3 years, 7 months ago
>>
Have any of you "zoners" ever visit or frequent Ratdog.org?
How did you like the bulletin board format of ".org" compared to the format of the "zone?"
Now, how about this new Furthur board; do you prefer it over the "zone?"
Do you prefer it over ".org?"<<<

1. no
2. no
3. hell no
4. no
leshweirD
Junior Boarder

#478 3 years, 7 months ago
We are family!!!
Been part of both boards, sometimes one is more informative than the other, both are entertaining.
So now we have this board, which encompasses both camps (Bobby and Phil).
I understand feeling the loss of Philzone, but from .org perspective, another board just got added, not replaced.
I hope all works out and the zone will return in conjunction with the other two, instead of in place of.
It would be nice to have folks on this board that want to be here, not that are here only because their board is now no longer.
BRING BACK PHILZONE PLEASE, so than those that are only here because the zone is down can return, leaving those that WANT to be here to stay.
That's currently how it is with the .orgers. SOME of us are here because we want to be apart of the larger community. SOME have no interest and will remain at .org.
I hope the zoners can be given the same.
Foir those that WANT to be here...
HOWDY!
Looking forward to the needed improvements on this board, so it works much faster and more user friendly for all.
have a GRATEFUL DAY!!!
brkdwnlisa
Fresh Boarder

#480 3 years, 7 months ago
friki wrote:
The ratboard can be fun, as can the zone. Good peeps in both houses. A place in the middle is nice, and here we are. For me, I love new or reinterpretations of Dead music and saw Ratdog and Phil's bands as doing different things with the music. I tried to catch either whenever I could. But I'm THRILLED to see both of them on the same stage with this great set of players.

Better and better

See you in Philly.

Friki is wise!! Cya Friday
Sure as your born
Me2
Fresh Boarder
Its Time to Matter...

#486 3 years, 7 months ago
I have Never understood the quasi-rivalry that seems to have developed between some fans. Most of it is good natured I guess, and not too big of a deal. Just people bein goofy. But I do think it gets artificially amplified to some extent on msg boards (as do many emotionally charged subjects)...its just the nature of the medium. Relative annonymity can be a blessing and a curse. But either way some of the rhetoric ive seen is just beyond silly.

I recently saw a post where a person complained of the, "ratdog fans" in their section at a show. As if ratdog fans represent some kind of singular homogeneous group, and evidently according to this person that was a problem. That is just silly.....people are people...and there are all types everywhere. Anybody who is going to judge another person based on the music they like......doesnt really get what this music and scene is all about. Its not all rainbows and unicorns to be sure..and it never was....but I think there is a reason this Bus has been running so long And that type of attitude to me is anti-thetical to the Energy that keeps it running.

Everyone has different musical tastes, and there is no question Bob and Phil took their bands in different directions.....It stands to reason that people may like one over the other. Its natural. Im not going to argue with someone about what kind of music they like. Its like trying to convince someone that their favorite color is wrong. Its just absurd. I like Blue. You like Red. Hopefully we can get along, and you wont fault me for it

As far as the boards go....I liked the Zones format better....just seemed a little simpler. But I guess like anything its just a question of what you get used to . This format actually doesnt seem so bad to me. Its just sooooooooooooo Slow. And often doesnt work....Ive made multiple posts on that issue.

Hopefully it gets worked out....and hopefully this board can serve to create some new bonds in this community in general. Maybe even (hold your breath) between Ratdog and Phil friends!

In anycase This Bus isnt going to stop anytime soon I dont think....and I am beyond grateful for that. Every show I go to I am so happy to see those guys up there....its awesome. I wish I could thank them in person....so guys if you happen to read this Thank You!

See you soon
The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men and women who can dream of things that never were. - John Keats
mandala
Junior Boarder
jerry junkie

#540 3 years, 7 months ago
what i don't get is why you keep asking the tptb at this board about the zone? they appear to be completely separate. and it seems like the question would better asked of bret or schnee or whatever ridiculous admin team thinks they're running things today. are you actually accusing furthur of shutting down the zone? if you have proof, please share it. if you're just tripping, why not take bret's window header "philzone.org is temporarily offline - please stand by" at its word?
life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - j. lennon
Bluestnote 1
Junior Boarder

#550 3 years, 7 months ago
We don't "rival" RD fans.

We just dismiss them:)
Furthuron
Junior Boarder

#593 3 years, 7 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
speaking of ratdog.org
how about telling the moderater that not everyone has a paid e mail address you should be able to join with a yahoo or hot mail account
I have wanted to get onboard for a long time and cant because the board wont accept my e-mail address

thanks

Yeah! What he said. They should SHUT DOWN .org just on those merits.......
"Standing on the moon,
With nothing left to do.
A lovely view of heaven,
But I'd rather be with you - be with you!
Shagadelic
Junior Boarder

#614 3 years, 7 months ago
leshweirD wrote:

BRING BACK PHILZONE PLEASE, so than those that are only here because the zone is down can return, leaving those that WANT to be here to stay.

Agreed.
Please open that home back up for those that need to be there!
No need to have those types feel forced to be here.
That does nothing to foster a positive Furthur community when peeps are made to be refugees.
imo anywai
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Shagadelic.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#615 3 years, 7 months ago
leshweirD wrote:
We are family!!!
Been part of both boards, sometimes one is more informative than the other, both are entertaining.
So now we have this board, which encompasses both camps (Bobby and Phil).
I understand feeling the loss of Philzone, but from .org perspective, another board just got added, not replaced.
I hope all works out and the zone will return in conjunction with the other two, instead of in place of.
It would be nice to have folks on this board that want to be here, not that are here only because their board is now no longer.
That's currently how it is with the .orgers. SOME of us are here because we want to be apart of the larger community. SOME have no interest and will remain at .org.
I hope the zoners can be given the same.
Foir those that WANT to be here...
HOWDY!
Looking forward to the needed improvements on this board, so it works much faster and more user friendly for all.

zoner that is in the not really interested in this board category thank you for articulating it this way
have a GRATEFUL DAY!!!
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds