• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
bdog
Junior Boarder

Re: Greetings from Ratdog.org

#304 3 years, 1 month ago
just out of curiosity why did they take down the zone. Was it at the bequest of the band. I was under the impression the zone was a fan ran site??? As far as the actual format of the board goes i prefer this to the zone tho it could use a few more headings. I always found the zone cumbersome to navigate. Which is in part why i didn't spend too much time there.Out of all the boards I actually think PT is formatted the best but it is in bad need of some bells and whistles (disclaimer.... dedicated orger)
www.kimocklist.net DJA 3/21/42-3/19/11
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#308 3 years, 1 month ago
not a big fan of bells or whistles , i am sure someone of importance had their ego bruised by something someone said on the zone, forgetting that the zone can at times be a particularly harsh environment where no off the top of ones head thought is withheld from posting, this is what i liked specifically so much about the phil zone is that people said what they wanted to say and did not give a shit who it offended , it was refreshing , rare and quite enjoyable , and all too lacking from the world today
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
GrayFolded
Junior Boarder
PhilDropsBombs

#327 3 years, 1 month ago
Not a RD fan, big P&F & Furthur guy...I think Bobby's playing is very strong right now and thats because of Phil and JK...

RD.org is pretty standard Forum, resembles a Phish Forum I hang out at...I think it's fine...

The Zone was very bare bones...Almost too bare...

I really think once this site gets going it will be pretty awesome, I mean we are only 1-2 days in...

And kinda perplexed on those with speed issues here...I have a decent computer with a cable modem and running Mozilla, it's really fast on my end...Everything loads within a couple of seconds, no lag...
LeshPhilingBassGreat
Hope
Fresh Boarder

#346 3 years, 1 month ago
Howdy Folks. Have a real fine day.
charliechanman
Junior Boarder

#363 3 years, 1 month ago
I have eagerly been awaiting the genesis of this kind board so that I can get away from the negativity of the Ratdog.org board. It seems to have followed me here. I basically had stopped posting on .org because of the constant negativity and shallow childishness that was rampant. There was very little relevant discussion about the music or this beautiful community which we are a part. Too often it morphed into name calling, bitching and whining - quite juvenile behavior. I so desperately wish to see it stop and everyone simply understand that we are all relevant parts of the Grateful Dead community. We share an absolute symbiotic relationship. Much like the waning days of the Grateful Dead travelling circus - they will stop making this wonderful music we all so love to share if we can't share it kindly...
SAY YOUR PEACE AND GET OUT
skimfrosty
Junior Boarder

#368 3 years, 1 month ago
It seems .org has come to you.

We'll try not to be as childish over here....but I'm not promising anything.
Support Live Music
SpaceFarmer
Fresh Boarder

#372 3 years, 1 month ago
Bob is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love his mustache and his unique take on William Shatner's take on the Grateful Dead.

Long live his Lorax looking ass!
"They were all gone. That was the initiation. The price I had to pay to get through the gate. Ego death. I thought I was going to die, and I said, 'Fuck it.' And that was good." ---- Owsley
Stormcrow
Junior Boarder

#391 3 years, 1 month ago
Believe it or not I recommended he grow that beard in may of 2002.

Looking kinda like a beloved old schnauzer these days
Touch Of Grey
Junior Boarder

#394 3 years, 1 month ago
GrayFolded wrote:
Not a RD fan, big P&F & Furthur guy...I think Bobby's playing is very strong right now and thats because of Phil and JK...

RD.org is pretty standard Forum, resembles a Phish Forum I hang out at...I think it's fine...

The Zone was very bare bones...Almost too bare...

I really think once this site gets going it will be pretty awesome, I mean we are only 1-2 days in...

And kinda perplexed on those with speed issues here...I have a decent computer with a cable modem and running Mozilla, it's really fast on my end...Everything loads within a couple of seconds, no lag...

Agree
If you want it your way, go to Burger King!
SmilinBill
Junior Boarder

#397 3 years, 1 month ago
I have a brand spanking new Toshiba, a super fast connection, and this board takes up to minutes to load, and often fritzes out entirely, with many different error messages. Perhaps i should get a Cray:)
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds