• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: CONFRIMED: Furthur Festival at Maya, Mexico in Jan

#275621 1 year, 2 months ago
as cool as it would be i just don't know if it would be my scene when it comes down to it. they're kinda pitching the alcohol thing pretty hard don't cha think? maybe i could renew myself with a newfound sense of alcoholism and everybody could tell me to lay off the sauce there.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#275622 1 year, 2 months ago
So after being awake and excited pretty much all night, I finally calm down and tell myself it's probably just a rumor and go out to be productive. Next thing I know, I'm driving home and my phone is lighting up like a Christmas tree. I had a feeling it was good tropical news!!!

SNORKELING AND FURTHUR AND TEQUILA, OH MY!!!!
Chester
More or less in line

#275623 1 year, 2 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
pretty sure music, food, drinks and lodging all are included. only thing not included in the price, it seems, is the flight you would book separately and the shuttle to and from the airport.

Looks like airport shuttles are included too. Yeah, just need to book a flight.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#275624 1 year, 2 months ago
Here is the skinny for four days (250.00 Deposit plus 35.00 registration fee) and no airfare with additional days available (with the full price paid on the day you buy tickets):

Pricing and Availability

Category Name double triple quad
Deluxe Gold

$1,649

$1,549

Deluxe Gold Concert Courtyard

$1,749

$1,649

Deluxe Gold Ocean View

$1,749

$1,649

Deluxe Platinum

$1,699

Rock Platinum w/ Single Sky Terrace

$1,849

Rock Platinum w/ Double Sky Terrace

$1,899

Rock Platinum w/ Double Sky Terrace Concert Courtyard

$1,999

One Bedroom Rock Suite

$2,499

One Bedroom Rock Suite w/ Sky Terrace

$2,799

Two Bedroom Rock Suite Stagefront

$2,999
Two Bedroom Rock Suite w/ Sky Terrace Stagefront

$3,299

Donna and I are going if we can get reservations as this will most probably sell out, hope to see al my FFF friends there and at Interlocken.

Z
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#275625 1 year, 2 months ago
wlewis wrote:
as cool as it would be i just don't know if it would be my scene when it comes down to it. they're kinda pitching the alcohol thing pretty hard don't cha think? maybe i could renew myself with a newfound sense of alcoholism and everybody could tell me to lay off the sauce there.

I agree they are pitching the liquor, which seems to be a factor in unnecessary happenings in the audience at shows. :/
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#275626 1 year, 2 months ago
"Transportation is $65 roundtrip and $35 one-way per person. Ground transportation must be paid for in full at the time of purchase and is non-refundable."

That means it's not included in the initial price, but extra when you pay. Am I understanding that wrong?

Also, maybe they are pushing liquor cuz it's Mexico and the tequila and blah blah....

Also, laundry services are at extra charge.
Chester
More or less in line

#275627 1 year, 2 months ago
This will be a tough one for some folks to afford. Reading the site info, there wont be any extra tickets sold for this.
In other words, you have to have a room at this hotel to get into the show. So it should be a fairly small show.
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Chester.
Chester
More or less in line

#275628 1 year, 2 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
"Transportation is $65 roundtrip and $35 one-way per person. Ground transportation must be paid for in full at the time of purchase and is non-refundable."

That means it's not included in the initial price, but extra when you pay. Am I understanding that wrong?

Also, maybe they are pushing liquor cuz it's Mexico and the tequila and blah blah....

Also, laundry services are at extra charge.

Damn, Your right. Usually airport transportation is included. Ok, this is a pretty big cash grab. The shows better be special.
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#275629 1 year, 2 months ago
I know I said I was in for HI last night...

but VIVA LA MEXICO!

I'll be busted around January, looks like I'll be doing credit for this one!
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#275630 1 year, 2 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:

$65 round trip for transfers isn't bad at all. I strongly recommend folks book this if they're headed down. The ground transportation area at the Cancun airport is a nightmare, with lots and lots of cheap cabs that will NOT get you where you want to go, and shuttle services that charge you a mint if you haven't pre-reserved. Believe me, get the venue's shuttle option, you'll be glad you did. This is one area where I actually know how to get around!!

Burt, I know what you mean about the alcohol focus. But my experience at all-inclusives is that people really don't get any drunker, or not much, than they would if they're paying for drinks. It seems like (at least for me and my friends) the thrill of free booze wears off pretty quick, at least by the time the first hangover hits.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds