• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: CONFRIMED: Furthur Festival at Maya, Mexico in Jan

#275551 1 year, 2 months ago
you guys would be in for a treat i'd be styling around in my banana hammock all week long/
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#275552 1 year, 2 months ago
Furthur in Hawaii>Furthur in Mexico
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#275553 1 year, 2 months ago
First FFF started having discussions in French. Then (well maybe B4) we were are having discussions about Jerry's birthday. Now we are talking about shows in Mexico and Hawaii. All right I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say that Jerry's birthday is definitely going to happen this coming Thursday. Jerry was the one who once spoke about taking a space shuttle to the moon if that option was on the table. Anyone hear any gossip about how that project is coming along?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#275554 1 year, 2 months ago
Yet one more thing I loved about Jerry was that he loved the water and loved diving. Every time we went to the Caribbean, I always had fantasies about ending up on a snorkeling boat or on a beach talking with Jerry.

If they're going to announce this, it has to happen very soon, I'd think.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#275556 1 year, 2 months ago
"That's what I do when the Grateful Dead aren't working. I'm in Hawaii diving."
His friends Jeff and Teri Leicher who own Jack's Diving Locker in Kona recall that it was hard to keep him from investigating any and all sea creatures great and small. "He'd go up to strange eels and poke them with his fingers. I'd say Jerry you're already missing one finger you're gonna end up missing another.' Jerry responded 'I never play with eels with a finger that I can't afford to lose. I always use my picking hand not my fretting hand.' "
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face, Strider1, ChefArugula
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#275559 1 year, 2 months ago
nycdave wrote:
First FFF started having discussions in French. Then (well maybe B4) we were are having discussions about Jerry's birthday. Now we are talking about shows in Mexico and Hawaii. All right I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say that Jerry's birthday is definitely going to happen this coming Thursday. Jerry was the one who once spoke about taking a space shuttle to the moon if that option was on the table. Anyone hear any gossip about how that project is coming along?

Since the space shuttle is no more they're now working on a time machine. You pick the show from days gone by you want to see, and your transported back in time. My first choices are Harpur college and Fillmore East 2/13/70. Then it's off to see the
creamery benefit for real.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, nycdave, ChefArugula
mr. nobody
Junior Boarder

#275568 1 year, 2 months ago
Huh? Well... you were right about Barclays. I'm not gonna hate but I'm gonna say this...It sounds pretty stupid from a business perspective. Playing BOTH Mexico and Hawaii in the same month that is. Maybe it's for pleasure and the bucket list and play what ya want before ya wrap it up, okay I get that! I don't know many people would do both and since part of our reasons are to see our old friends then you got people divided between the two and...just seems detrimental to ticket sales. Anyways, if they are doing Mexico- that would be great news! I just hope they don't wait until November to announce it! The Greeks will never sell out or even close to after that fiasco there. And that east coast announcement was...tardy. Hopefully they'll give us some time to pull our act together to get there....
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#275569 1 year, 2 months ago
Mr. Nobody...call it a working vacation. I find it hard to believe the band would want to take a bunch of gringos south of the
border these days on account of all the cartel bullshit going on down there. Seems you'd have to grease a lot of palms not to
bust us touristas. Then again, if peyote are in season....
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#275587 1 year, 2 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
nycdave wrote:
Jerry was the one who once spoke about taking a space shuttle to the moon if that option was on the table. Anyone hear any gossip about how that project is coming along?

Since the space shuttle is no more they're now working on a time machine. You pick the show from days gone by you want to see, and your transported back in time. My first choices are Harpur college and Fillmore East 2/13/70. Then it's off to see the
creamery benefit for real.

I'm all in on the 2-13 and 5-2 1970 shows. As for the creamery benefit. That was a very hot day temperature wise. The band kept talking about being "sun stroked serenaders." I would replace the creamery benefit with either Rotterdam Civic Hall in the Netherlands circa 5-11-72 or perhaps an acid test show or three. Uh this "transported back in time" machine would factor in the time change deal that happens in Europe right?
georgiafurthurfan
Junior Boarder

#275592 1 year, 2 months ago
The Mexico trip sounds really interesting and that's a really beautiful and safe area. I've been to Tulum and its not to be missed...
"it's got no signs, or dividing lines, and very few rules to guide"
The following user(s) said Thank You: jodiah
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds