• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
georgiafurthurfan
Junior Boarder

Re: CONFRIMED: Furthur Festival at Maya, Mexico in Jan

#275990 11 months, 2 weeks ago
I hope the three of you will let Bobby out of your room for the show each night...give the poor guy a chance to rest!
"it's got no signs, or dividing lines, and very few rules to guide"
karenrose
Gold Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

CONFRIMED: Furthur Festival at Maya, Mexico in Jan

#275992 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Oh, He'll be singing once I'm done with him!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#276000 11 months, 2 weeks ago
karenrose wrote:
Oh, He'll be singing once I'm done with him!

georgiafurthurfan
Junior Boarder

#276017 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Too funny!!!!!!!!!!
"it's got no signs, or dividing lines, and very few rules to guide"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#276164 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Neal Cassady went to Mexico and never returned...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
karenrose
Gold Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

CONFRIMED: Furthur Festival at Maya, Mexico in Jan

#276173 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Here's a question: how safe is it, these days, for Americans traveling to Mexico? I know once at the resort, we're ok, but any thoughts on this?
Perhaps a meetup at the airport & getting a shuttle together to the venue (an hour away)? I wonder if the hotel provides one?
Last Edit: 11 months, 2 weeks ago by karenrose.
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#276177 11 months, 2 weeks ago
karenrose wrote:
Here's a question: how safe is it, these days, for Americans traveling to Mexico? I know once at the resort, we're ok, but any thoughts on this?
Perhaps a meetup at the airport & getting a shuttle together to the venue (an hour away)? I wonder if the hotel provides one?

I would imagine that the hotel will have a shuttle, if not ask them what the typical charge should be getting to and from the airport. (Always guys there competing for a fare) I've been to Mexico before and my experiences were mostly positive, but people do tend to try and take advantage of tourists who don't know the going rate. For example, I've gone to banks and money exchange places in both Cancun & Puerto Vallarta to get money exchanged and the tellers actually shorted me by the equivalent of 10-20 bucks each time- when I called them on it, there was the cash no questions asked.. Count the money when you exchange & know the exchange rate. I posted some of this story earlier so disregard if you read it already... I would say that you just need to be aware of some of the techniques people use to take advantage of tourists.... In November of 2010, we were in this area, and had gone on a great day trip to Tulum. While we waited for the boat a bunch of us had a few drinks at Carlos & Charlie's... On the boat, I went through the great pictures I had taken & put the camera back in my pocket. As we were exiting the boat, someone carrying lots of goods kept pressing his hats, etc that he was carrying against me and I felt a little tug on my pocket as I moved forward... By the time I noticed my camera was gone & so was the guy... I went back to see if I possibly left it, but really knew in retrospect where & when it happened- then I heard a guy complaining of the same problem only he lost his wallet- he had also been at the same bar. Police couldn't or wouldn't do anything. Still love Mexico, this is a great opportunity to get away, just be smart & aware about your money & your stuff. Also wouldn't be bringing anything in that could land me in Jail in Mexico! Still really wish I could go!!!
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#276218 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Airport Transfers

Paradise Waits has arranged an option for ground transportation through a partnership with Amstar. Amstar offers round-trip shuttle service between the Cancun Airport and Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. Make sure to select Shuttle Service when making your reservation if you would like to have your transportation arranged for you.

The Shuttle Service is available to all resort guests, even if you are booking extra nights. Ground Transportation is available inbound from the airport on January 17th, 18th, 19th & 20th and outbound from the Hard Rock Hotel Riveria Maya on January 24th, 25th and 26th.

Transportation is $65 roundtrip and $35 one-way per person. Ground transportation must be paid for in full at the time of purchase and is non-refundable.

When making travel plans, book your flights into Cancun International Airport (CUN). Check in starts at 3pm on January 20th and the first show will start later that night. The last show will be on the night of the 23rd and check out is on the 24th before 12pm, so plan your flights accordingly. Keep in mind that you can book special rates through Cloud 9 Adventures Travel for up to three extra nights before the event and up to two nights after the event if you want to extend your trip.
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, karenrose
coloradowanderer
Fresh Boarder
barefoot dancer, world traveler & daily learner

#276234 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Hola Hermanos y Hermanas! What a buena onda topic for my first post. When I saw a friend post about these shows my jaw dropped, brain stopped for a few seconds and then I thought "Does the Hard Rock have high end tequila and do we have to wear wristbands?". I was set to go from the get go and once I get a travel idea in my head-it happens.

I know the area well- from Isla Mujeres to Tulum- and happy to give out tips . Never stayed at Aventura Palace but that will give you an idea of the area. Will start a new thread later but for now you can search my screenname on Tripadvisor and on the right side of the Playa Del Carmen forum under Top Questions there is tons of info on:

Inexpensive ADO bus & Collectivo Vans
Snorkel with TURTLES in Akumal (eco-safe sunscreen por favor)
Coba & Tulum Mayan Sites
Budget eats and hotels in Playa Del Carmen, etc

Cannot wait for these shows, so off to work I go
If You Don't Who Else Will?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, Strider1
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#276237 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Welcome to the Forum, coloradowanderer!! I echo your recommendations of Akumal and Tulum. See you in Mexico!!
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds