• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

CONFRIMED: Furthur Festival at Maya, Mexico in Jan

#275502 1 year ago
Hey guys, just posting to let you know that it's been CONFIRMED that Furthur will be throwing a "FURTHUR FESTIVAL" at the Mayan ruins in Maya Mexico on Jan 20-24 of 2014. I remember I told y'all about the Barclays way before it was announced and I got a lot of haters, so please try to keep the hate to a minimum this time around. I'm just telling you what confirmed sources have told me. ENJOY!!! Unfortunately, I won't be able to fly out there for this one because I'm on a tough work schedule that week, but everyone who can should start clearing their schedules! Sounds amazing!!!

This is similar to what MMJ is doing at the same location the following weekend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Zipster, jodiah, SunshineSue, ratdog2112
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: CONFRIMED: Furthur Festival at Maya, Mexico in Jan

#275505 1 year ago
If this isn't true I may have to hurt someone (seriously, I'm almost hyperventilating right now). But if this is true,

I'M GOING TO MEXICO IN JANUARY!!!!!!!!

Anyone want to come with me? First round of tequila shots are on me!!

Add- the 20-24 is a Mon-Fri. Wouldn't you think they'd have it over a weekend??

Last Edit: 1 year ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#275509 1 year ago
This is something that's going around. My source says that it is 100% confirmed and it is a reliable source, but it seems a little late to announce it at this point. I would spread the word but be wary. They have to announce it soon if it's gonna happen. Otherwise, the person who told me had it wrong. But he was dead set on Jan 20-24 at Maya Mexico, same place where MMJ is having their fest. It is a destination week Furthur festival and would have tons of Furthur sets and then good vacationing packed on.
Chester
More or less in line

#275510 1 year ago
Ok, calm down and breathe. I'm not sure enough about this yet to get too excited. Where is Maya Mexico?
Do you mean Mayan Riviera? That's a general description of the tourist area along the coast. I need more.
Just saying, that's a big deal. Not like just telling us about a summer show.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: St.Stephenhead
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#275513 1 year ago
OK, MMJ is indeed playing at the newly opening Hard Rock Hotel, currently the Playa Aventura (where I almost stayed once), about 1.5 hours south of Cancun in Puerto Aventuras. Which is an absolutely gorgeous freaking spot, and out of the ugly Cancun zone, close to Playa Del Carmen and Tulum. In other, words, this would MY FREAKING CONCERT DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!!!

I gotta calm down......BUT I CAN'T!!!!!!!
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#275515 1 year ago
I'm as sure about this one as I was about Barclays (same type of info), but yes, it is a bigger deal so best not to get too excited until you get an official announcement. As of now, it's still just rumor mill (just like I said when I told you about Barclays). Supposedly, this fest is in this books, and if that's true it would be at the Hard Rock in Riviera Maya. Don't book a flight just yet, but keep your ears perked up. I'm pissed I can't make it but at least there's Interlocken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder

#275516 1 year ago
I also hear from reliable sources, they are also going to hawaii in January.

Too many choices. I will have one week Vacation by then.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#275517 1 year ago
RowTimmy wrote:

Tim, when you say "also", do you mean you've heard about Mexico, too, or just about a Hawaii show??

And how in heaven's name am I going to pick between Mexico and Hawaii??????

Mexico. Shorter plane ride.
yankeesmed
Junior Boarder

#275518 1 year ago
Sue, sorry if I'm wrong about this. I figured you guys would want to know what I heard. It's not from nowhere. Until you hear it from Bob and Phil or an official announcement, there's always the possibility that it's no good, but I wasn't gonna not share what I heard with you guys.

See you in VA!!!
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder

#275519 1 year ago
SunshineSue wrote:
RowTimmy wrote:

Tim, when you say "also", do you mean you've heard about Mexico, too, or just about a Hawaii show??

And how in heaven's name am I going to pick between Mexico and Hawaii??????

Mexico. Shorter plane ride.

Ive heard that Mexico is in the books but this is the first Ive heard the dates. I think Hawaii will come first.
Time to create page: 0.85 seconds