• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: 16 Ways to Eat Healthy While Keeping it Cheap?

#27609 2 years, 11 months ago
i plan on it PM we just passed the first year in our new home,garden is the priority this year.i know some are against it but i hunt as well i take a few deer and get all the meat i need. i butcher them myself almost nothing goes to waste.the meat is lean free of hormones and is truly free range cage free
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#27614 2 years, 10 months ago
We hunted deer and ducks when I was young girl.

Bear would be proud.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#27629 2 years, 10 months ago
I will try eating oranges next time. Also does gatorade powder replenish just as good? .... My mom is saying she thinks the ingredient list might be longer on the powder which would mean more additives - not sure about that last one though we'll have to compare...

thanks again 83msg1sttyme !
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by MushroomMan.
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#27632 2 years, 10 months ago
Good stuff there y'all. A couple additions, if I may:

Most the goodies found in fish (the omegas and whatnot) are also available in seaweed and in flax seeds. Incidentally, seaweed can be prepared in a variety of tasty ways.

"Living" food is insanely healthy; stuff like tempeh, miso, yogurt and kefir, and kombucha are all fermented and waaaaay fucking good for the belly, replenishing all the flora in yer intestines (which is where nutrients are absorbed).

I like to sprout beans and seeds cuz it's easy and soooo good and filling. Most the time hunger is not an empty belly, but the body's craving for nutrients. Think about it, one sprouted bean has ALL the nutrients of the ENTIRE PLANT! Pretty hip stuff there. Try sprouting broccoli seeds and/or popcorn!

I always bring a lot of what called "superfoods" when I tour. Stuff like bee pollen, pure cocoa nibs (100%), spirulina and the like. Kinda stereotypical hippie shit minus the granola. They're called "superfoods" cuz they are really high in nutrients that are concentrated and immediately usable for the body. And if you can ever find "Manna Bread," wow, it is the shit.
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by bokb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, PMoondancer , Abba
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#27633 2 years, 10 months ago
one container contains enough powder to make several gallons of gatorade ,the ingredients are Sucrose,dextrose,citric acid,natural flavors salt sodium citrate monopotassium phospate calcium silcate coconut oil bromated vegtable oil.gatorade is for replenshing electrolytes and rehydrate fast .it has lots of carbs from the sugars so water is preferred but after working out,sports or booging down at a show a cold gatorade hits the spot
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#27635 2 years, 10 months ago
I don't know. I think 2 eggs a week as an entree dish is the max I would eat. If you want to eat more, take out the yolks (like one yolk in a 2 egg omelet).

And you shouldn't be eating canned anything... canned food is nasty stuff and the tuna has tons of mercury and other heavy metals in it.

And also watch your supplements- do not eat more than 100% of your daily intake of iodine. There's absolutely no reason for it. I have graves disease and I've read horror stories about people (women mostly) who want to loose weight, so they take supplements with 1,000% of your intake in iodine. THe iodine gets absorbed into your thyroid and the thyroid uses the iodine to create the hormones that will kick start your metabolism. The problem is they can develop a permenantly hyperthyroid, which I have (mine's genetic, though). So read the labels.

And I'd add start looking at the labels. If something small has 10 grams of sugar in it- like an "energy bar" skip it... those are simply sugar bars.

And the OP skips carbs. We need carbs... just the right kind and the right amount. Cutting them out entirely will mean you have no energy to work out. Bicyclsits carb load before long rides (and hydrate) or they won't make it. They carb load for at least 3 days.

i eat oatmeal with a piece of fruit and some raisins everymorning. That instant shit is loaded with sugar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, PMoondancer
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#27636 2 years, 10 months ago
heres another one in PA certain stores reward you for being a loyal customer for every $50 bucks they take 10 cents off a gallon of gas the money accumulates for several months if you want i once got 1.80 off a gallon .Price chopper does this they also sell gift cards for other store like lowes home depot so you buy the cards at PC get the discount on gas use the cards,you would spend the money anyway on DYI projects,also you can pay with a credit card that pays you back,several cards give you from 1-5% back on purchases ,just pay the bill in full or it defeats the purpose,i have been doing this for years it works
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#27697 2 years, 10 months ago
Our grocery does gas points too!! Ours work $100 for $0.10 off gas
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
CinnamonGirl53
Junior Boarder

#27849 2 years, 10 months ago
Eggs were heavily consumed in place of meat in my immigrant family - just more affordable for them. On both sides, most lived well into their late 90's. We all ate probably about 3-4 eggs per person per day! Right through the 80's eggs are bad for you scare, my family basically lived on eggs!
*pict groover*
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#27987 2 years, 10 months ago
avoid cheap peanut butter,read the label if its hydrogenated oil dont buy it,get PB made from ground peanuts smuckers,crazy richards are 2 of my faves its more than the skippy or jif but way better for you and travels well .2 slices of whole grain bread some real PB and real jam is a very good/healthy lunch that doesnt need refrigeration and keeps you full longer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds