• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Video: Dancing in the Streets of SF, 4-20-67

#274721 1 year, 1 month ago
This is a great little bit of history. There\'s some footage of the Haight, and then about 3:30 the band kicks in for a Dancing in the Streets, while all the folks are dancing in the park! Ah, to have been there that day!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, dr bakes, Griff
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder

Re: Video: Dancing in the Streets of SF, 4-20-67

#274762 1 year, 1 month ago
You can still feel the vibe there today. It's a magical place. Some people visit Disney World but I choose to live in the Bay Area where magic is everywhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#275265 1 year, 1 month ago
I'm glad you liked it, Tim, I thought it was a fun way to start the day!
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#275326 1 year, 1 month ago
Thanks for posting this! I feel like I'm right there grooving with the crowd. Love how short most of the guy's hair cuts are.

RowTimmy wrote:
You can still feel the vibe there today. It's a magical place. Some people visit Disney World but I choose to live in the Bay Area where magic is everywhere.

I so agree with that statement. I was thinking the other day how I view NYC, for me, it is a city where I can feel lots of layers of the past simultaneously, but you know they are of the past, with each era's atmosphere segregated to it's own strata; while being in SF and Berkeley gives me such a feeling of the here and now, with the layers of energy of past era's people's enterprises are so immediate and fresh, the energy of it all is contained in one sphere, there is no separation, so to speak, and everything is happening simultaneously and within reach. It's often just a certain way the light is at a particular moment, I am taken back in time and really feel the feeling of that moment in time from the past in an immediate and genuine sort of way. Sorry, that is so vague and rambling. I guess what I mean to say is that here the vibes from the past are so accessible in a tangible sort of way not found in other places.

You can still come to SF the first weekend of October and enjoy a free three day concert in Golden Gate Park, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. I highly recommend it to everyone; it doesn't matter who's playing, 6 stages makes it huge, you can bring a picnic and beer is ok in the park, everybody is mellow, hey it's the Friday, Saturday and Sunday after the Berkeley Greek shows, those that can afford to stay should check it out if they can.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds