• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

The Vibes might be on WPKN radio

#274245 1 year ago
see wpkn.org

Last year they broadcast live from the Vibes right up until the bands started playing and then cut it, saying that they didn't get the artists to sign off on the live broadcast.
These are the good old days!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: The Vibes might be on WPKN radio

#274252 1 year ago
what exactly did they broadcast on the radio if it was not any of the bands playing?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Chester
More or less in line

#274272 1 year ago
They used to actually webcast a lot of the acts. But, then the acts became aware their performances were going out
over the internet, which they didn't like as much as a local station broadcasting over the air. WPKN does actually
broadcast a lot of the live stuff, but the webcast is different. That's why it switches back and forth, from the stage
to the studio. They give news, and updates from the concert field, but not live performances. At least not much, if
any. But if you live in lower Ct. you can get their signal over the air.
As for the rest of us, our best bet is with the streamers.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#274361 1 year ago
wlewis wrote:
what exactly did they broadcast on the radio if it was not any of the bands playing?

Well, it was mostly talking about what was going to happen soon, and them saying that they're trying to get permission to broadcast the music live...with a little recorded music thrown in. I know, not exactly "must hear" radio !!

In the past they have broadcast the whole concert.
These are the good old days!!
Time to create page: 3.56 seconds