• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
mddichard07
Junior Boarder

all good 2011

#27094 3 years, 4 months ago
this is my first all good and im pumped!! whos going this year and has any advice for an AG rookie?
Muddy Das
Junior Boarder

Re: all good 2011

#27098 3 years, 4 months ago
This will also be my first ALL GOOD FESTIVAL......driving down from new hampshire with the kids..so what can we expect different from other festivals
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#27103 3 years, 4 months ago
This will be my first year as well.
Gratefulgravesmn
Junior Boarder

#27365 3 years, 4 months ago
You are all in for a treat. Last year was my first All Good and we had an amazing time. The no overlapping sets is perfect, you don't miss shows ad you don't have to hike from stage to stage. Advice ; Get a camel back backpack, it was SO hot last year and you've got to stay hydrated. Also they make you camp with your car in pretty tight quarters in some of the lots, so we hiked up a few hundred yards and got a spot on the hill with shade, it ended up being key.
brobnsita
Junior Boarder
i'm in the world to change the world

#27413 3 years, 4 months ago
Make sure to get there EARLY!!! You're going to be sitting in line for at least an hour or so, but that's where the party starts This is my 5th, and unfortunately, more than likely my last AG. IMO, it's starting to sell-out and become a little too much like a Bonnaroo. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great weekend and I definitely party, but I feel like a lot of the folks there are more about getting f*d than they are about the music. Regardless, you'll have a blast!! Be smart and safe travels! See you all on the mountain!
laughin in her eyes, dancin in her feet
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#27631 3 years, 4 months ago
I read on their site that its licenced vendors only, what was shakedown st like last year being that Furthur played. Hopefully its in full affect this year.
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

#27661 3 years, 4 months ago
I agree with my fellow allgood goers and what they had to say up above, last year was my first allgood too, life changing experience. Its basically lawless, no over lapping sets and pretty sweet people. As for brotherdust, i honestly was not that stoked with the shakedown, but it was still an awesome time. The shakedown they have i'd say there is mostly food vendors, they have one outside the main concert area which i believe had more actual shops. As for inside the concert area there were a few shops but more food vendors. But for everyone who is going for their first time, you wont regret it, such a awesome lineup this year too. Also once you leave sunday, you will already be thinking bout next year. (~);}
P.S. brobinsista, i totally agree about, some heads are there to get fucked up. Those i feel are more of the kids that are following like bassnectar and all that electronica/dubstep stuff. Though i still feel allgood sticks to their roots and doesnt let to many of those kind of bands in. Atleast they dont have lil wayne and eminem, that would be the day i would stop going to allgood. Cant wait for allgood and summer tour! fuck ya!
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by mattgill.
mddichard07
Junior Boarder

#27792 3 years, 4 months ago
@graves: i got a camelbak last week just for all good haha. hydration is key at any mid-summer fest.

i have heard a lot about the sketch crowd there too.
if anyone has been to both, what is sketchier...bisco or all good?
Gratefulgravesmn
Junior Boarder

#27902 3 years, 4 months ago
I heard that in the past they were starting to have a big problem with nitrous and the shady characters but last year they cracked down hard on looking for tanks and I didn't see one hissing hose the whole weekend. And the security who was searching so hard for the tanks kindly let us keep our 2 glass jack daniels handles and my buddies jars, nice people for sure.
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#27950 3 years, 4 months ago
get there early.. the line in is very long and arduous.
also, be ready to walk a longggggggggggggg freakin way. Your chances of camping far from the festival site is very likely.

the terrain is rough, hilly, and somewhat confusing. Orient yourself in the day time before you stumble off to party in the shows.. It would be easy to get lost.

they have golf carts to ferry you for a fee to the fest site.. They do cost money..

In the fest. The hill is a laid back place to hang out.. If you want to be close to the stage. My advice is to take a blanket and get there early and stake out your spot in front of the tapers. Best spot ever.!!!!
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds