• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Re: pre-concieved notions of what a Deadhead is?

#27384 3 years, 2 months ago
Wow! Took me a while to read these posts, you people are fucking amazing!! Excuze me while I whip this out, ahhh!!! Anyway, I got Road Trips 3 volume 2 jamming on my headphones - Truckin' just fit these answers.
Didn't realize my ramblings about all these pre-conceived notions could bring back such force back - i appreciated all your answers!
We gotta keep shaking the foundations, baby! For me, I'm in it for the music, and I love this chaos and shit, because I was justing thinking it's fucking rock and roll, man. Whip those guns out Nugent and start blasting those platypi out of the rafters cause Chaz just did a dance with the devil and it's happy to say you gotta fargin fight for your right to potty!! Yeah I said potty! Gotta throw in a poop joke!
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#27418 3 years, 2 months ago
its only rock and roll ......but i like it ,yes i do
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
cheffy
Junior Boarder
It's all about the chocolate

#27426 3 years, 2 months ago
society certainly has some pre-conceived notions of what a dead head is thats for sure. You start telling people you are a dead head an their eyes roll back and you can see their pre-judgement coming to a boil. Dope sucking acid casualty? maybe so....but we are also successful business people, doctors, lawyers, artists, nurses, librarians, carpenters, farmers, etc etc...in my 30+ years on the scene I know I have changed dramatically from slinging tie dye in the lots to a main street business man....the only constant in my life all these years is that the music of the GD is the warp to my life's woof. Its almost impossible these days to be taken seriously as a self admitted dead head by some folks; they just dont get "it". Or they get so wrapped up in the negative impressions that some have brought to the scene that that is all they see.

Dont get me wrong. I am not an IAGKHB type hippie. Personal responsibility has always been a key for me. Eeven when I sold dyes for a living I took the time out to bathe and be clean and keep my shit together. I get extremely disgusted by the "feral wookies" in the lot and unkempt dreadie boys and girls who obviously sponge off the scene. I have no tolerance for their "Its all good brah" horseshit. I watched it all unfold in the late 80's and only get worse as time has gone on.The elders who coaxed me along at shows were old guard. They showed by example how to behave and freak freely without bringing undue attention and heat to bear on us all.
"Life May Be Sweeter For This...."
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, captaintony, bokb, DeadHead420
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#27429 3 years, 2 months ago
cheffy wrote:
society certainly has some pre-conceived notions of what a dead head is thats for sure. You start telling people you are a dead head an their eyes roll back and you can see their pre-judgement coming to a boil. Dope sucking acid casualty? maybe so....but we are also successful business people, doctors, lawyers, artists, nurses, librarians, carpenters, farmers, etc etc...in my 30+ years on the scene I know I have changed dramatically from slinging tie dye in the lots to a main street business man....the only constant in my life all these years is that the music of the GD is the warp to my life's woof. Its almost impossible these days to be taken seriously as a self admitted dead head by some folks; they just dont get "it". Or they get so wrapped up in the negative impressions that some have brought to the scene that that is all they see.

Dont get me wrong. I am not an IAGKHB type hippie. Personal responsibility has always been a key for me. Eeven when I sold dyes for a living I took the time out to bathe and be clean and keep my shit together. I get extremely disgusted by the "feral wookies" in the lot and unkempt dreadie boys and girls who obviously sponge off the scene. I have no tolerance for their "Its all good brah" horseshit. I watched it all unfold in the late 80's and only get worse as time has gone on.The elders who coaxed me along at shows were old guard. They showed by example how to behave and freak freely without bringing undue attention and heat to bear on us all.
AMEN
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#27544 3 years, 2 months ago
Maybe this is the wrong place but how come the dreadies keep getting shit??? Bath???? I take one every few days....when I'm dirty. My dreadlocks mean alot to me and are not a sign of being "dirty"
Please let me know if this is out of line...I've just notice the common stereotype being placed on the dreadies and wanted to bring it up
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#27569 3 years, 2 months ago
I think people look at me as not a deadhead cause i don't look just like everyone else , and can't go to every single show It's sad really because no matter what "scene" your into their always seems to be judging going on .

The thing is i would go to more shows but have no one willing to travel as far as i am .
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#27575 3 years, 2 months ago
"The thing is i would go to more shows but have no one willing to travel as far as i am ."

Kind of the situation for me but luckily I have a brother who loves the music - I just gotta pay for everything for him to - which I don't mind at all, it just limits me a little more then if I had friends into it that pay there own, or if he was working....
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#27580 3 years, 2 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
"The thing is i would go to more shows but have no one willing to travel as far as i am ."

Kind of the situation for me but luckily I have a brother who loves the music - I just gotta pay for everything for him to - which I don't mind at all, it just limits me a little more then if I had friends into it that pay there own, or if he was working....

Paying for things is not a problem i try and save for these things just in case someones fianlly says " hell yeah let's go to PA show " i just don't drive that is a huge problem but i have gas money and the will
mandala
Junior Boarder
jerry junkie

#27581 3 years, 2 months ago
i've been a hardcore deadhead for over 4 decades now, from way back before that term was even coined. to me it means freak freely and be kind. the music is the medium that promotes that openness...
life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - j. lennon
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#27582 3 years, 2 months ago
I try to be kind all the time out of the nine shows i've seen i given away a ticket to all but one
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds