• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

Re: Any word/hope for Midwest dates?

#271624 1 year, 3 months ago
Mickey Hart Band will be in Chicago (and some other midwest areas) in August. Anyone going to HOB in Chicago?
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#271630 1 year, 3 months ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
The midwest and the south (more specifically, the southeast) never get their fair share. It's unfortunate, but it's just the way it goes. I'm very blessed and thankful for Interlocken, but I really do miss the 2011 days where Furthur would roll through Hampton and play all the way down to Florida. I've been fortunate and frugal enough to be able to travel to see them all over the map, but man it would be nice on my body and my wallet if they would play more shows closer to home.

Don't get discouraged. Things seem to happen in cycles. While they didn't play here in Florida this year, they started off 2010 Winter Tour in Miami, in Spring 2011 they played Orlando and Boca, Summer 2011 they played St. Augustine, and Spring 2012 they play 2 nights at Wanee in North Florida. During that time the West Coast wasn't getting a lot of shows. This year we in Florida weren't on the list (so far...except for Bobby opening for Dylan). But, the Midwest is getting some love in the form of festivals. Also, October and November dates are possible. It'll happen eventually.
The following user(s) said Thank You: doin_that_rag
WheelOfLife
Fresh Boarder

#272993 1 year, 3 months ago
Catching Mickey Hart in Iowa City!
Let your life proceed by its own design...
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#273075 1 year, 3 months ago
Can't wait to see MHB in St Louis!!

Now that is an artist. Cheap ticket prices, small venues, and very good coverage of the US in his tours.

The first show I went to felt like an art project more than a concert.

His work is so much different that anything else I've listened to.

I'm as excited to see that show as I used to be for the GOGD.

A big difference than with Furthur. I like Furthur for the people I've met mainly, and for the watered down GD type scene which is really nice to revisit when I can.

Mickey I go see for the music.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
66slim
Platinum Boarder

#274300 1 year, 3 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
Mickey Hart Band will be in Chicago (and some other midwest areas) in August. Anyone going to HOB in Chicago?

Would like to catch this show. Anyone know of a discount code for that show at the house of blues chicago?
And leave it on!
mikedmeyer
Fresh Boarder

#274356 1 year, 3 months ago
?

They were just in Ohio this past weekend for the All Good Festival!
Time to create page: 2.35 seconds