• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Any word/hope for Midwest dates?

#271209 1 year, 3 months ago
i loved the midwest shows in november 2010.

(((AMES IOWA)))

poorly attended but fantastic sound
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#271213 1 year, 3 months ago
Dr. Bakes, I was just trying to lighten things up, I'm sorry if it didn't come across that way. I also assumed those quotes were mostly tongue-in-cheek, even if to those of us being flown over it does kind of feel that way, and from a business perspective it's probably a very logical attitude.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#271218 1 year, 3 months ago
It would be nice if it was different, and of course they can't go to all the places they have fans.

So what is the criteria that decides where they tour?

The number of unicorns? How high they fly? The distance the rainbow flows from their butt?

It amazes me how some folks think its something other than a business decision.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#271220 1 year, 3 months ago
The midwest and the south (more specifically, the southeast) never get their fair share. It's unfortunate, but it's just the way it goes. I'm very blessed and thankful for Interlocken, but I really do miss the 2011 days where Furthur would roll through Hampton and play all the way down to Florida. I've been fortunate and frugal enough to be able to travel to see them all over the map, but man it would be nice on my body and my wallet if they would play more shows closer to home.
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#271232 1 year, 3 months ago
It just means that I can't see them as much, and have to decide which tours I have to skip entirely.

Though, I think Red Rocks is going to be my last BIG hoorah with Furthur. When I look back at all the money I've forked over, I sometimes wonder if I should have done other things, like sitting on beaches, and strolling europe.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#271240 1 year, 3 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
It just means that I can't see them as much, and have to decide which tours I have to skip entirely.

Though, I think Red Rocks is going to be my last BIG hoorah with Furthur. When I look back at all the money I've forked over, I sometimes wonder if I should have done other things, like sitting on beaches, and strolling europe.

I live by the beach, it's overrated and will be there long after Furthur is done. I think you're making the right choice, but that's just me
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#271248 1 year, 3 months ago
Yeah I coulda done other stuff. Yeah I probably coulda spent my money a little more wisely. But ya know these guys ain't gonna be around much longer. I'm thinkin another year or 2 at best. So I will continue to do shows like Red Rocks and New Years. Just keep in mind that a fall/winter tour in the midwest is still a possibilty. And keep those negative waves away from me. We need all the help we can get here. Stay positive.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#271249 1 year, 3 months ago
I sure hope I'm not putting out negative waves...

I wouldn't say my ponderings are regretful.

))))))))))))MIDWEST FALL 2013(((((((((((
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#271264 1 year, 3 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
I sure hope I'm not putting out negative waves...

I wouldn't say my ponderings are regretful.

))))))))))))MIDWEST FALL 2013(((((((((((

I wasn't directing that at you or anybody from this thread. Just a general kinda thing. Sorry for the confusion. See Ya at Red Rocks
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#271581 1 year, 3 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:

all i can say to you brother is if there is something else you want to do, DO IT.

honestly i don't look at my life anymore like "well phil and bob could die tomorrow so i'm going to as many shows as i can"

i look at it like, i could die anyday, so i'm gonna go out and do all the things i truly wanna do.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei, doin_that_rag
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds