• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
furthurgrateful
Fresh Boarder

Re: Any word/hope for Midwest dates?

#270948 1 year, 3 months ago
Hello everyone...been a long time lurker (close to 2 years I imagine) but first time poster. I agree Ihave been hoping for another midwest show and even more so for a michigan show. Now I am grateful for allgood though I cant push that kind of money for a festival. I will cross my fingers like the rest of you. And meadowbrook was amazing and loved the double encore but it did fill up slowly which had me worried. I hope maybe one day they could do a show in ann arbor or lansing. I think they could really get a crowd there. But time will tell and here's to hoping=) glad to finally be a poster and joining in on all the great discussions.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#270991 1 year, 3 months ago
furthurgrateful wrote:
Hello everyone...been a long time lurker (close to 2 years I imagine) but first time poster. I agree Ihave been hoping for another midwest show and even more so for a michigan show. Now I am grateful for allgood though I cant push that kind of money for a festival. I will cross my fingers like the rest of you. And meadowbrook was amazing and loved the double encore but it did fill up slowly which had me worried. I hope maybe one day they could do a show in ann arbor or lansing. I think they could really get a crowd there. But time will tell and here's to hoping=) glad to finally be a poster and joining in on all the great discussions.

Welcome, furthurgrateful!! And you know I second the idea of a show in Ann Arbor!!
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#271002 1 year, 3 months ago
Well they have a couple of choice words for the Midwest, and you know what they are.

But to add to those, "we're a business first, contrary to popular belief, so we go where the money is." "The jumps are to long, tiring and expensive, and we don't get the higher ticket prices or sell as many."

"If we thought we could grab a few buck in the fall we might do some, but hey, why not stay at home, we end up with more loot, and it a lot easier on us. We aren't getting any younger."

Those are the words.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#271006 1 year, 3 months ago
Those are the words? From whom?
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#271149 1 year, 3 months ago
Furthurgrateful keep the faith, there is always hope. I've been hoping for Furthur to play at the Greek Theater, Berkeley since 2010 right after we seen them at NYE 2009 and now they've made it. So don't ever give up hope, you maybe surprised one of these days.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#271161 1 year, 3 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
Well they have a couple of choice words for the Midwest, and you know what they are.

But to add to those, "we're a business first, contrary to popular belief, so we go where the money is." "The jumps are to long, tiring and expensive, and we don't get the higher ticket prices or sell as many."

"If we thought we could grab a few buck in the fall we might do some, but hey, why not stay at home, we end up with more loot, and it a lot easier on us. We aren't getting any younger."

Those are the words.

Sour grapes.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: St.Stephenhead
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#271163 1 year, 3 months ago
dr bakes wrote:
Ossumpei wrote:

Those are the words.

Sour grapes.

You better believe it, and I'm right there with him!
kfender
Gold Boarder

#271165 1 year, 3 months ago
It is pretty shitty that they ignore the Midwest,but living in Central New York makes it easier for me to hit multiple shows.I wish I could go to Red Rocks or something but that is too cost prohibitive.So I hit what I can.Sorry they aren't coming close to so many of you
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#271194 1 year, 3 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
dr bakes wrote:
Ossumpei wrote:

Those are the words.

Sour grapes.

You better believe it, and I'm right there with him!

But for Ossumpei to say that he is certain that he knows what is in their hearts and minds and that it is a money grab first and foremost and thats what motivates them is complete BULLSHIT in my opinion. How about looking at it this way: Phil and Bobby are the lucky few who get to make tons of money doing what they truely love, which is making great music that makes many folks really happy. You should have seen the love and the positve energy that they(we) created last night in New Hampshire. And for him to say this during such a great tour is disrespectful.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#271200 1 year, 3 months ago
Sorry of I don't live in the land of delusion where unicorns fly and rainbows sprout from their butts.

It must be nice to kid your self to see things all rosey all the time when somewhere I side you know the truth.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds