• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
WheelOfLife
Fresh Boarder

Any word/hope for Midwest dates?

#269584 1 year, 2 months ago
My hopes of making Red Rocks and/or Interlocken are fading fast, still crossing fingers for a few Midwest dates (maybe November-ish, a la 2011??) Sorry to churn the rumor mill, but I'm looking for a reason to stay optimistic!
Let your life proceed by its own design...
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Any word/hope for Midwest dates?

#269661 1 year, 2 months ago
Keep the faith!!! I know it's real hard to stay optimistic about the whole situation and even the band a little bit when it's been almost two years. We have waited and waited. I really do hope they treat us well this year. Hell I'll even take a Phil and Friends run in the Midwest something to feed my jones! This year has been tough on me with no Furthur shows but I'm still gonna keep the faith!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman, nycdave, 66slim
66slim
Platinum Boarder

#270823 1 year, 2 months ago
We can only continue to hope for the fall dates to visit us in this beautiful midwest. Phil and friends, Ratdog, JK Band or any semblance of the music are welcome. Mickey Hart band in September is going to be tough for us to make so I am hoping for anything else to follow along.
And leave it on!
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#270826 1 year, 2 months ago
I'm thankful for WSP still caring about the Midwest
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
kfender
Gold Boarder

#270828 1 year, 2 months ago
Funny that you mention Panic.They don't play the Northeast anymore because there is no real draw up here sadly.I saw them in Buffalo a few years back in a crowd so small that waitresses were taking drink orders and had no problem finding people to bring them back their drinks.I'm using this same premise to reason why Furthur shows the Midwest so little love.The East coast is the easiest place for them to sell tickets and draw crowds so that's why they play there.Not sure how the attendance at the last Midwest shows were but if they were undersold that could be why they don't go there very often
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#270832 1 year, 2 months ago
I guess that would make sense. I don't know if Chicago sold out last year, but fall 2011 had good crowds
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#270837 1 year, 2 months ago
Chicago summer show last year was pretty packed. Don't think it sold out but the last two Midwest November shows in 2011 St. Louis and Indy were sold out way before the day of show......

There is a huge draw for the GD here in the midwest. But really when it comes down to it GD is loved freaking everywhere! Look at the the current GD releases...dave's picks most are midwest shows! It makes me upset they are releasing these Midwest shows and Furthur doesn't come here! Ratdog and Phil and Friends would always make a stop at least once a year. Things have changed and if they dont want our $$$ then fine....I'll spend it on some other band!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#270846 1 year, 2 months ago
Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of their last Midwest stop, at Meadowbrook in Michigan. It was such a great night, I sure wish they'd come back!!
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#270879 1 year, 2 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of their last Midwest stop, at Meadowbrook in Michigan. It was such a great night, I sure wish they'd come back!!

That was a fantastic night, I could use an excuse to get back to the Midwest (not that one is really needed, but a Furthur show would be a nice incentive)
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#270885 1 year, 2 months ago
The anniversary is actually the day after tomorrow, I was off a day. But it was a fun one!!

7/18/2012, Meadowbrook Music Festival

IMG_1790-Copy.JPG
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67, doin_that_rag
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds