• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
BEW
Junior Boarder

Ever meet a member of the Dead?

#26872 3 years, 3 months ago
I met Tom Constanten after a show...I lost my tape recorder and he crawled around on the floor with me and looked for it. Sweet, wonderful guy! I never found it, and ended up at a party in Manhattan with David Gans and his (then) new wife, Rita. David said Phil and some of the guys paid
for his honeymoon...
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: Ever meet a member of the Dead?

#26874 3 years, 3 months ago
Got to kick it with Kreutz and 7 Walkers right when they pullled up all early ass in the morn at Tortugas last year. I wasn't exactly ready for bed so I took a walk around an ran right up on their bus as it pulled in. Shook Billys hand and smoked a bowl with Papa Mali an Matt Hubbard. Cut my hand off and now have it ebay, wish I could keep it but times are tough, tryin to get on that summer tour man!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#26876 3 years, 3 months ago
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh, man how i wish. You lucky son of a bitch. hahah. Ill give you $420 for your hand dude, but i wanna chop it off myself. hahaaha

I would trade a kidney for a handshake from Bob or Phil.

P.S. Only band ive met weeeerrrrreeeee Little Feat (anyone listen to em) at my very first concert. Got VIP backstage passes, n got to meet the whole band and get em to sign my cd case. I think they were a bit disapointed that all of us werent all OHMYGAHHH its the band all ovr them, lol. Didnt evn kno who they were way back then. Got the VIP tic's free, cuusssss my dads cousin is married to Paul Berrere. I guess that makes us distantly related..i guess.lol. Anywhooo, you all probly hav no idea who im talk'n bout. lmao.

P.P.S. Signed up as an Organ Donor a week or so ago. Phil got me to do it. =-)
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by DeadHead420.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#26878 3 years, 3 months ago
Yeah man, seen em a couple times at the Coach House, I have a buddies band that opened for em. Pretty damn good stuff been around since back in the day right?
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#26881 3 years, 3 months ago
iamthedoor wrote:
Yeah man, seen em a couple times at the Coach House, I have a buddies band that opened for em. Pretty damn good stuff been around since back in the day right?

Really damn good stuff. Mhhmmm yessir. Yup, theyve been around for a bit, heres a clips from back in the day.
Hmm, i should try to get some more free tickets. Great jam band.=-)

P.S. Goin FURTHUR on the Summer O' 2011 Furthur Tour. Theres goin to be a happiness epidemic along the east coast. The positive vibes are gonna flood out and soak the surrounding areas with smiles.
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#26882 3 years, 3 months ago
I shook Bobbys hand in ATL before the last Furthur show there.

MEET would be a stretch.. I didn't want to bug him.. I just said.

BOB!!! good to see you.. shake hands.. and we went opposite directions..
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#26883 3 years, 3 months ago
i drove by JK haha he was standing outside and i drove right by him. i wanted to stop but i was in a car full of kids on acid including myself. so i yelled great show he smiled and waved. i count it hahah
ontour
Fresh Boarder

#26884 3 years, 3 months ago
Even better... I got to Jam with Billy K!

Summer of 2007, Oregon country Fair, I'm playin a midnite stealth show with some old buddies and Billy K shows up side stage with his sticks and asks

"can I sit in"?

my knees still wobble to this day

ScreenHunter_01May.2307.13.gif
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by ontour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Confusions Prince, Jack Jones, Ossumpei, DeadHead420, DancingBear
Mosaic Man
Junior Boarder

#26887 3 years, 3 months ago
Met Phil a few times, such a charismatic guy... He went crazy when I showed him photos of a mosaic memorial me and my buddy Jim did dedicated to the old Fillmore East in NYC.. It features numerous logos of some of the famous bands that played there including the dead... Getting his praise and thanks made the project all worth it! Also recently met Weir and Barlow at the symphony and got the chance to thank them both for all the great music and memories.. Here a some pics..
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Mosaic Man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#26888 3 years, 3 months ago
In 1987,I went with my friends Mark and Hugh(may they rest in peace) to see the Grateful Dead in Providence.Well we didn't have a place to stay but plenty of credit. We headed for the Biltmore(the Vanderbilt hotel). Yeh, a suite was available....So Hugh and are are getting the bags out of the car and I turn around and there is a bright eye and beaming JERRY and I stick out my hand and shake his hand.I immediately get overwhelmed but my friend Hugh engages him in a few minute conversation abou the upcoming Lunt-Fountainne shows and I stand there speechless. He went to get into waiting van and etched in my memory is he looking over his glasses at us! He was in great health and just beaming! Wonderful memory! That was the break out of La Bamba that night!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jenbrightsky
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds