boomers are natural so they probably don't hurt you very much
but too much of anything is bad
your body and mind will probably tell you when enough is enough
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: is mushrooms once a week to often?

#26759 2 years, 11 months ago
intothesun -

the dangers with eating them, like the link you posted suggests, are in eating the wrong ones or moldy ones or Amnita Muscaria which is not a Psilocybin mushroom.

once a week or once every 2 weeks is abusing?? I bet you think its ok to drink on the weekends....

every day use or doing them just "to get fucked up" and not for a true psychedelic experience is what I call abusing. most people do anything, like drink, just to get fucked and if you think that way with mushrooms then you are abusing them but there are many people that get more out of them then that.

sounds to me like you couldn't handle your trips to well you won't catch me out roaming with grizzly bears on them either....
and FYI ... I always have a good trip!
Lynx
Visitor

#26768 2 years, 11 months ago
Hey MM what's with the alcohol condescension? I'm not trying to argue with you, it's a legit question. Again, a lot gets lost on message boards and people often times assume the worst, but if you could see my face or if I could ask this in person you would see/hear that I am not being hostile, I'm just curious.

You often times bring up the fact that you "don't drink, never will" and repeatedly use alcohol as an example of a harmful intoxicant. Did you have an alcoholic parent or something? If you did I wouldn't blame you for feeling the way you do. But, whatever the reason, don't lump all drinkers or the effects of alcohol into one bad category.

I see alcohol as a very natural drug. Alcohol is the natural byproduct of yeast and other bacteria doing their metabolic thing upon sugars. Alcohol has been around as long as there have been fruits growing on trees and people and other animals have used it for its wonderful intoxicating properties. It's a drug, it gets you high.

Like all intoxicating substances it can be abused, used irresponsibly, and in the hands (or bloodstreams as it were) of the wrong people can bring about antisocial behavior... but it can also be used in moderation, used safely and responsibly, and be a hell of a good time!

I personally love me a little Jack Daniels and some bluegrass, for example. There's nothing wrong with that IMHO. IF (and please notice the "if") you are the type of person that is not genetically pre-disposed to alcohol addiction, you have a kind heart, and a responsible head on your shoulders, it can be fun and doesn't have to turn you into a club-weilding Neanderthal.

If find alcohol to be wonderfully creative. When I'm writing, for example, nothing gets the creative juices flowing like a few Blackberry Wheats.

Just some food... er, drink... for thought.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by .
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#26770 2 years, 11 months ago
I love me some appletinis, margeritas, grey goose, bacardi, patron. I love me some shrooms too.
Lynx
Visitor

#26772 2 years, 11 months ago
I love me some squid. Had to pick up presents from a baby shower today and when I showed up there was some calamari. I went nuts and ate like a kraken's worth of that shit!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#26774 2 years, 11 months ago
sorry to give the wrong impression, a lot of things in texts and online are taken different ways then there meant. I have nothing against alcohol or anyone who uses i think its fine for people to use it or whatever they like. The point I'm trying to make is that just about everybody does something to change there state of mind, and it should be fine to have some fun on the weekends or whatever, but I'm just trying to point out that mushrooms arn't more dangerous then any other way somebody is going to change there state of mind and that every week or every other week shouldn't be considered abusing, enless you consider drinking every week abusing. didn't mean to knock on people who drink at all - just about every friend I have drinks....
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#26778 2 years, 11 months ago
heres what i dont get you ask every one what they think ,then you tear apart the response,makes no sense
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Lynx
Visitor

#26780 2 years, 11 months ago
RE: MM's answer about booze: ok cool.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#26785 2 years, 11 months ago
well I'm really not trying to sound rude or nothing I just can't help but respond. I'm really not abusing anything and I hate people to look at me that way - or look at mushrooms that way, thats really why I responded so much. I'm a really good person, I work hard all week and want to have a good time on the weekend. Sorry if I got a little carried away I just don't want people to think I have a problem, and I was really asking about other peoples experiences but I appreciate everybodys responses and concerns but I'm really not abusing anything....
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by MushroomMan.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#26787 2 years, 11 months ago
Its alright MushDude. We all love you. We all gotta rant a wee bit every once in a while. 'Specially for sumtin we believe in. =-)

=-) Goin FURTHUR on the Summer o' 2011 FURTHUR tour. See everyone there =-)
intothesun
Visitor

#26797 2 years, 11 months ago
your trippin me out bro -- let us know how your experiment goes. take pictures
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#26807 2 years, 11 months ago
I think its (shrooms) are safer then most drugs. Heavy usage of alcohol, Caffeine, tobacco, heroine, pills, coke etc lead to addiction. Its seems that most people that do a lot of shrooms cut back down on their own after a passage of time. I did a good amount 20 years ago comparred to perhaps once every couple months today.
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
Time to create page: 4.68 seconds