• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Nick Walenda

#265646 9 months, 4 weeks ago
ratdog2112 wrote:
That was close. What would honestly possess someone to even try such a stunt? And to televise it, when so many things could go wrong.

That's why I almost feel guilty watching. I like the idea that the network that broadcast the Niagra Falls walk made him wear a tether. That seems a little less voyeuristic somehow.
karenrose
Gold Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#265647 9 months, 4 weeks ago
MushroomMan wrote:
well over the Falls he had a safety net... that's a huge piece of mind having that I'm sure

I believe he had a tether but no net.
karenrose
Gold Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#265648 9 months, 3 weeks ago
Aaaand breathe!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#265649 9 months, 3 weeks ago
Phew!
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#265651 9 months, 3 weeks ago
Truly that was amazing and the wind just added to it. But to do a stunt like this with your childred there, I'm not really comfortable with that, I mean if you want to jeopardize your life that one thing but to do it in front of your kids. I don't care if this was televised or not there is always that possibility that something could go wrong and do you really want to put your childred through that. Something to think about.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#265715 9 months, 3 weeks ago
I couldn't watch it. I remember seeing footage of his great grandfather falling off the high wire between buildings in Puerto Rico. Pretty tough to watch. Didn't want to witness something like that again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratdog2112
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder

#265723 9 months, 3 weeks ago
gvanman wrote:
I couldn't watch it. I remember seeing footage of his great grandfather falling off the high wire between buildings in Puerto Rico. Pretty tough to watch. Didn't want to witness something like that again.

Yea, I agree with you on this one, but I did watch it and after he kneeled down about half way through I was thinking was this a really close call or just an act for the cameras, (little drama maybe), I don't know, but I do know this I would never put my children in that type of situation for my own benefit. They really gained nothing from this but if anything would of happened the trauma they would have went through along with everyone that was watching.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#265744 9 months, 3 weeks ago
The one thing you have to realize is that he knew he could do it. Sure, stuff happens like wind, but he even prepared for that.

I have rock climbed solo without a rope up faces over 100 feet high, because I knew I could do it. One misstep resulting in a fall and death was likely. I was by myself too, no cameras.

The focus at those moments is singular and unique in life, and I have never experienced anything like it in any other undertaking in my life. While I don't wish anyone to risk their life to experience this, I also feel like it is one of things that has made my life full.

Nothing to do with adrenaline and risk taking, its all about the amazing ability of humans. I am inspired by this more than anything else.

What can I do?? What am I capable of?? Have I fully explored my limits??
The following user(s) said Thank You: AcidTestGraduate
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#265751 9 months, 3 weeks ago
Congratulations Nick, that was awesome. Grandpa would have been proud of you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder

#265795 9 months, 3 weeks ago
Griff wrote:
The one thing you have to realize is that he knew he could do it. Sure, stuff happens like wind, but he even prepared for that.

I have rock climbed solo without a rope up faces over 100 feet high, because I knew I could do it. One misstep resulting in a fall and death was likely. I was by myself too, no cameras.

The focus at those moments is singular and unique in life, and I have never experienced anything like it in any other undertaking in my life. While I don't wish anyone to risk their life to experience this, I also feel like it is one of things that has made my life full.

Nothing to do with adrenaline and risk taking, its all about the amazing ability of humans. I am inspired by this more than anything else.

What can I do?? What am I capable of?? Have I fully explored my limits??

Griff I agree with you, what he accomplished is amazing but what I said was that I was uncomfortable with have his children there. I'm sure he had all the confidence in the world that he was going to do this, but things do happen and freak accident happen all the time but I'm glad that he accomplished his goal. That's all.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds