I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Friday, June 21, 2013 John K Band at Quixote\'s

#265359 1 year, 1 month ago
mark i am interested in hearing your take on american jubilee as well as john k band.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#265369 1 year, 1 month ago
I have seen JKB before so I knew what I was getting myself into with them lol but man american jubilee, what can I say, they are awesome I was blown away. Very unique sound, teetering back and forth between different styles, it is wild. I mean Ross James must have a heavy metal/punk influence because there were times his playing was so intense I thought a mosh pit was going to break out! lol I do not know why JK does not put more into his band as far as touring. They are a super tight band and more loose, like this is Johns band and he is the leader and he is more of himself than when playing with Furthur. I really like their songs but of course my favorite is when he is tearing into Jerry Band songs. Encores with How sweet it is, damn it was awesome. I wish he would add even more Jerry songs **hint hint** At times I even prefer a JKB over Furthur - its back to the basics .. the scene is way smaller, its more relaxed, in a tiny intimate venue where you can hang out with the bands at the bar and shoot the sit, etc. Yeah it was great time last night.

BTW you are super lucky to have a band like american jubilee playing in your back yard. Brian was saying how much he likes Denver blah blah and some one says You may as well move to Colorado and Brian says that is a great idea! heehee

Now I know what you are going to say being that I have ripped on TXR bands, and I still can not get into a lot of the line ups that play there but I will be the first to say that american jubilee kicks major ass and I will gladly put my foot in my mouth for anything negative I may have said about that band in the past, obviously I did not know what I was talking about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratdog2112
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#265371 1 year, 1 month ago
photo2.JPG

photo3.JPG

photo4.JPG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, nycdave, Strider1, Wundurland, ratdog2112
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#265372 1 year, 1 month ago
photo5.JPG

photo6.JPG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, dr bakes, Sustainabill, nycdave, SunshineSue, Strider1, ratdog2112
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#265378 1 year, 1 month ago
The John K Band playing the historic Howard Theatre, Washington, DC August 1st for Jerry's birthday bash.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#265490 1 year, 1 month ago
Denver Man wrote:
I have seen JKB before so I knew what I was getting myself into with them lol but man american jubilee, what can I say, they are awesome I was blown away. Very unique sound, teetering back and forth between different styles, it is wild. I mean Ross James must have a heavy metal/punk influence because there were times his playing was so intense I thought a mosh pit was going to break out! lol I do not know why JK does not put more into his band as far as touring. They are a super tight band and more loose, like this is Johns band and he is the leader and he is more of himself than when playing with Furthur. I really like their songs but of course my favorite is when he is tearing into Jerry Band songs. Encores with How sweet it is, damn it was awesome. I wish he would add even more Jerry songs **hint hint** At times I even prefer a JKB over Furthur - its back to the basics .. the scene is way smaller, its more relaxed, in a tiny intimate venue where you can hang out with the bands at the bar and shoot the sit, etc. Yeah it was great time last night.

BTW you are super lucky to have a band like american jubilee playing in your back yard. Brian was saying how much he likes Denver blah blah and some one says You may as well move to Colorado and Brian says that is a great idea! heehee

Now I know what you are going to say being that I have ripped on TXR bands, and I still can not get into a lot of the line ups that play there but I will be the first to say that american jubilee kicks major ass and I will gladly put my foot in my mouth for anything negative I may have said about that band in the past, obviously I did not know what I was talking about.

sounds like you had a blast.

i've never seen jk band, how crazy is that?

jubilee is good stuff.

i know what you mean about the small scene, etc. same thing people complained about in the 70's, 80s, 90s, and the same thing i complain about now with furthur. we all always love it when we're in on the ground floor for stuff like the kick ass tiny theaters, the laid back scene, the cheap tickets, etc etc. the kinda stuff that makes you wanna leave home for years and follow a band around LOL

btw, i've got nothing to say about how you feel or felt. i figured if you saw them you'd appreciate it. glad you are enjoying yourself. what a solid run for CO to get. can you do me a favor and try to remember or check if scott padden is using an eden electronics amplifier, possibly with a fender bassman in the mix.

edit: i can actually see in one of the above pictures he is. i spoke with him briefly about it at TXR i am interested in a similar setup, it was what phil was using pre digital meyer rig. it is pricey equipment but the tones you can pull and the crisp clean punchy sound is tough to argue with. esp hooked in with a modulus bass. the hair on the back of my neck stands up just thinking about it
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by wlewis.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#265780 1 year, 1 month ago
The JK shows TimeZoner streamed Sat and Sun were great. I had so much buffering Sunday I gave up, by the band sounded great...
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#265952 1 year, 1 month ago
rippleish20 wrote:
The JK shows TimeZoner streamed Sat and Sun were great. I had so much buffering Sunday I gave up, by the band sounded great...

the tapers and streamers got soaked Sunday!
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds