Platinum Boarder

Re: Tony Soprano \\\\\\\"sleeps with the fishes\\\\\\\"

#265075 1 year, 4 months ago

-- smell every flower --
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#265094 1 year, 4 months ago
I was looking forward to seeing if James Gandolfini could break out from having been type cast as Tony Soprano. I heard/read somewhere that he didn't like being addressed by the name of said character in public. Who could blame him, but if might come in handy trying to get a table at some restaurant.
The guy was a helluva actor. Thanks James for many entertaining moments. RIP
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#265159 1 year, 4 months ago
No disrespect to him, his family, or his fans. But I'm really, really surprised by how much coverage this is getting. If he was a multi-Oscar winner with a long track record of roles, I might understand a 1-hour doc on E! Channel. But this has been treated like a major world event insofar as much airtime it has received. It has led major network nightly news. It had a 15-minute segment on ABC World News Now, which isn't much less than the Boston bombing got as it was breaking. Even in our entertainment obsessed culture, this is really strange stuff. The stuff happening in Turkey gets 90 seconds, and an actor's death, and a B-list actor at that, gets five minutes. Stranger than fiction.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#265181 1 year, 4 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
No disrespect to him, his family, or his fans. But I'm really, really surprised by how much coverage this is getting. If he was a multi-Oscar winner with a long track record of roles, I might understand a 1-hour doc on E! Channel. But this has been treated like a major world event insofar as much airtime it has received. It has led major network nightly news. It had a 15-minute segment on ABC World News Now, which isn't much less than the Boston bombing got as it was breaking. Even in our entertainment obsessed culture, this is really strange stuff. The stuff happening in Turkey gets 90 seconds, and an actor's death, and a B-list actor at that, gets five minutes. Stranger than fiction.

It was either a slow news day or he's being given the respect for having won 3 Emmys, on a show that won many for multiple people who were involved. As I recall last time Gandolfini won he said during his acceptance speech he thought it was time for someone else to win.

Regardless, I do agree that the coverage has been a bit much. Those crazy media types do the darndest things, don't they?
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds