• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

Tomorrow is....

#264883 1 year, 2 months ago
Tomorrow is the 30th anniversary of the Grateful Drench where I first danced with my beautiful wife during a smoking rendition of Sugar Magnolia in a biblical rainstorm at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland. It was June 20th 1983 and the first of a two night run. We had so much fun, Donna had on a snow white hoodie and after the show it was the color of the Maryland mud, the bridge to the show had washed away and we had to wade through hip deep water holding our smokeables above heads as we traversed the creek. We ended up in the truck of a friend cuz we had nowhere to go during the rain...what a night...what a show...what a tour...It was beautiful and so are you Donna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei, gvanman, skidoo, nycdave, SunshineSue, 23atwell, ratdog2112
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Tomorrow is....

#264884 1 year, 2 months ago
You're such a good guy, Zipster!!!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#264898 1 year, 2 months ago
Great story, congrats!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#264924 1 year, 2 months ago
Forever....
pmcall1
Fresh Boarder

#264954 1 year, 2 months ago
Zipster wrote:
Tomorrow is the 30th anniversary of the Grateful Drench where I first danced with my beautiful wife during a smoking rendition of Sugar Magnolia in a biblical rainstorm at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland. It was June 20th 1983 and the first of a two night run. We had so much fun, Donna had on a snow white hoodie and after the show it was the color of the Maryland mud, the bridge to the show had washed away and we had to wade through hip deep water holding our smokeables above heads as we traversed the creek. We ended up in the truck of a friend cuz we had nowhere to go during the rain...what a night...what a show...what a tour...It was beautiful and so are you Donna.

So cool. Congrats Zipster. That means tomorrow is the 30th anniversary of my first Grateful Dead show. And after that show I went over to my girlfriends house and we broke up...I kid you not.
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by pmcall1.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#264963 1 year, 2 months ago
congrats zip. you and donna are beautiful folks, sad i will not be running into you guys out there in the NE this summer. smoke one for me and shake it down.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds