• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

Re: no more heady tarp space

#264806 10 months ago
01.09-22-12.6.2.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Ossumpei, skidoo, doin_that_rag, Strider1
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#264822 10 months ago
Oh well. I will still be within the first eight rows.Now I will see if my tardy, slacker friends can make it out of the parking lot in an orderly fashion. Personally, I think this will worsen the situation, because now everyone will be running to be with their groups of friends. See you at the bottom.
Phred
Senior Boarder

#264825 10 months ago
I see both pros and cons to this. On one hand, it IS nice to be able to have a spot where all the FF can gather for the shows, but on the other, I have been to far too many concerts there where my wife and I were shunted off to one side or the other because tarpers had cordoned off the entire middle area from rows 2 - 24... and this is 10 minutes after the gates open up. Rather frustrating to see so many seats saved by so few, and I think this is the root of the problem.

Overall, I think I will appreciate this policy, so long as it is enforced equitably. I go to many more concerts at RR than Furthur, and usually only with my wife or a couple of friends. Hopefully, this will help. BTW...it is not lost on me that the policy was implemented the week before WSP arrives for a slew of shows...
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#264828 10 months ago
If there's a will, there's a way.

People will figure out how to hang together at RR, since there's a big GA area and all.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#264830 10 months ago
I think GA at RR is a nightmare. When it is all GA like it will be for Panic, I stay as far away from the bottom as possible. As for tarps, I don't really care, sure it's probably a rude practice but if you get in when the gates open you have the same crack at those seats as anyone. Anyway that's why I prefer reserved, to avoid confrontations, although reserved can have it's own confrontations which is plain stupid and completely unnecessary but is bound to happen.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratdog2112
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#264832 10 months ago
Maybe we could all wear tie die shirts or something, so we would be quick to spot each other.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, Phred
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#264833 10 months ago
lol
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#264836 10 months ago
I'm starting to think the gods are telling me I should find something closer to home to do in September.
skidoo
Expert Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#264842 10 months ago
maybe a Tarp-In Station is needed?
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluetrainsugaree
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#264846 10 months ago
Sue you have reserved tickets!