• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

no more heady tarp space

#264763 1 year, 2 months ago
per red rocks FB:

Tarps have been added to the list of items that may not be brought into any show at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Policy allows a guest’s personal property to be contained in a designated seating area but may not be used to save seats. For a list of permitted and prohibited items please see Red Rocks Permitted Items page.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: no more heady tarp space

#264766 1 year, 2 months ago
that's awesome
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#264768 1 year, 2 months ago
What am I missing here? Didn't we have a tarp last year (at Red Rocks) that took up about 3 rows and allowed all of us to sit together comfortably? I thought that was so cool, but like I always say, what do I know.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#264779 1 year, 2 months ago
Please tell me this isn't true!!!

Seriously, this would really, really cut into my RR experience in a significant way. Crap.

Add- enforcement of the no using personal property to save seats is going to be very interesting....

Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by SunshineSue.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#264781 1 year, 2 months ago
i am fairly certain it's true. i think the FB page is an official one.

i can see why it should be eliminated, i am sure they've been getting complaints up the wazoo for a long time.

when i first went to red rocks and saw it, i was pretty surprised but i was also with one other person so for us to get in and find a spot was not that tough. when i rode the golden arrow for the first time, i decided i'd wait in line with a huge blanket for the entire crew to be able to chill on. i did this the last 2 of the 3 days. it was great, we had a nice spot and could all hang. it got tight and at one point i was even pushed off of the tarp that i waited in line with and laid down. last year i waited in line with the ENORMOUS tarp little bear let us use and we had an insane FFF tarp compound. there are some good pics of us on it, but also folding the damn thing up post show.

what it comes down to is, there's no need for anybody to really be saving all these seats for people who are just outside partying and not spending money inside the venue. if folks want a nice spot, do it the real GA way, you go in early and get your spot.

i don't mind it's not allowed anymore simply because it won't really affect how i do my thing.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#264783 1 year, 2 months ago
I wouldn't worry about it
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#264787 1 year, 2 months ago
I can understand why they'd make the change, though if all tarpers were responsible about it there wouldn't have been so many complaints. Still it's a bummer, at least it is if they strictly enforce not saving seats for even a few minutes with personal articles. We've got good reserved seats, in rows 26-29, but I was hoping for maybe a show or two in GA to save my better half an extra 20 rows up and down several times.

Burt, are you still planning on skipping RR this year?
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by SunshineSue.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#264790 1 year, 2 months ago
i 99.9% will not be there. stranger things have happened though
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#264791 1 year, 2 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i 99.9% will not be there. stranger things have happened though

I'll hope for the long shot!
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#264805 1 year, 2 months ago
IMHO it's no big deal whether they allow tarps in or not. Truth be told, if you want to be close to the stage during a show, you do what you have to do to make that happen. Last year at Red Rocks, I didn't even hang with 'our' group during the first show. A lot of us stayed at the same hotel, and I thought that it was so nice that we were all able to sit together during the shows. Burt, you write that there was an "ENORMOUS tarp little bear let us use and we had an insane FFF tarp compound. there are some good pics of us on it, but also folding the damn thing up post show." A special thank you goes out to both Little Bear and you for providing and getting that tarp in. This allowed us to all hang together so comfortably. It's funny that you mention folding the damn thing up post show, because I remember helping out during the post show tarp fold up process. All weekend, everyone was going out of their way to help each other out. By helping fold the tarp post show, I felt that I was making a contribution (though admittedly a small one) to our group. A special shout out also goes to Strider, who worked hard at keep our group together. I remember him telling me that this process was comparable to herding wild cats. He did an amazing job of accomplishing this and helping our little band of gypsies enjoy each others company during the shows.
The party by the pool after the show was also major fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei, Strider1
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds