• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

Re: Warren to play Wolf on symphonic tour!

#264817 1 year, 4 months ago
Wow, beautiful! The layers/textures that the symphony brings is such a fresh take on this music! Can't wait to experience that. Loving the backup singers too- reminds me of JGB.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#264840 1 year, 4 months ago
Also, we have this going for us on Saturday.... The year's closest 'super moon'. Everything is in alignment... earthsky.org/tonight/is-biggest-and-clos...permoon#.UcHJ4BC9Kc1
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, ratdog2112
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#264865 1 year, 4 months ago
That Crazy Fingers is tasty!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#264881 1 year, 4 months ago
To be honest, I was expecting the songs to be more JGB driven. Ahh well it will still be awesome.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
bambamcdn
Junior Boarder

#264977 1 year, 4 months ago
Hey all, well I was at the first show in Pittsburgh, so here are my thoughts. First the venue. Heinz Hall is unbelievable, the decor, sound, lounges everything was really amazing. It used to be an old movie house. I had the best seats in the house told that by ushers and the will call before I even got to my seat.. Front Row Center in the Balcony. As the crowd settled in you could feel a sense of uncertainty from the crowd, almost unsure how to behave or what to expect. There was a nice mix of regular symphony ticket holders and heady heads. As the symphony took the stage cheers from the crowd erupted. Warren and crew enter and the place goes nuts. You can see a look of surprise on many of the symphony musicians faces. The opening of Dark Star chimes in ...The sound was so full and layered, during Bird Song. The crowd sang along, made shhh noises at points throughout. Warren sounded fresh and rested, The Wolf sounded great, but I still believe on it Jerry can play it correct. The set progressed. One the beginning of Scarlet came on people were def moving in there seats. Lots looking around to see if anyone was up dancing. It was quite awkward trying to decide what to do. Once the opening of Shakedown began. People spang to there feet. The floor had mostly everyone standing up and people twirling in the isles. Ushers all over the place trying to keep the cameras and recording to a minimum, No photos of the stage we were told. Ending the first set with a really sweet Morning Dew. Very short set 55min. A very brief set break you had to choose between a drink or bathroom, lines super long. Mission and High Time were so beautiful, really set the tone for the set. Set 2 for me was standout. The West LA was amazing, and then a bring tears to your eyes Days Between. The only time the entire theater was totally silent. Terrapin the one everyone was waiting for was a delight, a edit and not played in its whole, but spectacular at that. Warren then introduced everyone to great cheers from the crowd. The encore of Patchwork and China Doll, were so special. Patchwork tugs at the heart strings. All in all I had a GREAT time, the show is super, and will only get better as Warren get more comfortable with each symphony. I think the outdoor shows will be better for "dancing". I was really surprised how "dead" centric it was. I really expected more JGB or rare Jerry. I am not disappointed I made the trek. That's all I got for you .....any questions? heheh...
Enjoy anyone who is going.....
Someday, everything is gonna be different
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, LBDowling, 23atwell, ratdog2112
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#264981 1 year, 4 months ago
Thanks for the report, I wasn't sure what to expect from these show but now along with listening to a few cuts of the Pittsburgh show and your report, I'm looking forward to the shows in San Francisco.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
The following user(s) said Thank You: bambamcdn
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds