• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Warren to play Wolf on symphonic tour!

#264552 1 year, 3 months ago
Now I\'m even more bummed out that I won\'t be able to make it so Red Rocks

www.jambands.com/news/2013/06/17/warren-...on-his-symphony-tour
The voices tell me what to say
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

Re: Warren to play Wolf on symphonic tour!

#264553 1 year, 3 months ago
Cool, he is coming to Wolf Trap in VA soon.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#264580 1 year, 3 months ago
Not only that but Tanglewood and the Mann will be getting the Joshua Light Show!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
bambamcdn
Junior Boarder

#264651 1 year, 3 months ago
Off to Pittsburgh today.....for the first show
Someday, everything is gonna be different
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#264654 1 year, 3 months ago
Warren Haynes w/ The San Francisco Orchestra @ Davies Symphony Hall Aug 1-2. Looking forward to this one.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by ratdog2112.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#264662 1 year, 3 months ago
I am suprised they are letting Warren play the Wolf.
I think it is nice to hear GD music /Garcia material with an orchestra- or any music covered by an orchestra-
but I never enjoyed Warren singing anything GD related.
He is a great guitarist and I like Mule alot and his work with the Allmans is very good-
I feel like he's riding on Jerrys name with this tour and letting him play the Wolf I feel is just taking it too far.
If anything- JK should be able to play the wolf way before Warren even gets to touch it
If you have an entire orchestra behind you I just don't see the need to have to bring out the Wolf -
This is just my gut feeling as I find it very special to allow someone to play Jerry's guitar.
I would much rather see Steve Kimock or Mark Karan play the Wolf over Warren Haynes anyday of the week. Orchestra or no orchestra.
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by iraqistatefair.
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#264671 1 year, 3 months ago
iraqistatefair wrote:
I am suprised they are letting Warren play the Wolf.
I think it is nice to hear GD music /Garcia material with an orchestra- or any music covered by an orchestra-
but I never enjoyed Warren singing anything GD related.
He is a great guitarist and I like Mule alot and his work with the Allmans is very good-
I feel like he's riding on Jerrys name with this tour and letting him play the Wolf I feel is just taking it too far.
If anything- JK should be able to play the wolf way before Warren even gets to touch it
If you have an entire orchestra behind you I just don't see the need to have to bring out the Wolf -
This is just my gut feeling as I find it very special to allow someone to play Jerry's guitar.
I would much rather see Steve Kimock or Mark Karan play the Wolf over Warren Haynes anyday of the week. Orchestra or no orchestra.

It's surprising because I wasn't going to say anything about Warren playing the Wolf. I like the Mule and enjoy listening to their music, but wasn't a big fan when Warren played with the Dead. He's a fantastic guitarist but I really never cared for his vocals while performing with the Dead or doing any covers of the GD music. He does a awesome job with the Allmans but again with the Allmans I'm a hugh fan of Derek Trucks, so I will leave it at that. As for JK that's a touch and go for me very good guitarist & vocals playing GD music, but at times looks like a robot on stage, it seems he's just going through the motions. What guitarist would I choose, I don't really know, there are alot of great guitarist out there. I was turn on to the GD in '71-'72 I was 12 maybe 13 yrs old, my first show was in '75, so I grew up with Jerry and the GD living in the bay area, my personnal feelings is Jerry can never be replaced. I know that this is just my opinion and there's alot of deadheads that will disagree with me and that's your opinion but as long as the music lives on so does Jerry and that's what I respect the most.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by ratdog2112.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#264710 1 year, 3 months ago
Warren is the man and can sing any Dead tune as far as I'm concerned. There were some really great moments with the Dead in 2009 in particular, at least that's what I think!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, ratdog2112
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#264718 1 year, 3 months ago
His vocals are great on Stella Blue and Comes A Time, IMO. Just heartbreaking.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#264735 1 year, 3 months ago
Warren routinely hits it out of the park when he sings Morning Dew with Mule or The Dead imo.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds