• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

The Dead 2003

#264312 1 year, 4 months ago
Hey now the 10 year anniversary is quickly approaching and I was wondering if anyone out there in Furthur Forum land happens to have a copy (flac) of the July 7th and 8th 2003 Red Rock shows that would be willing to trade with me? I could have sworn I had all 5 nights

Can anyone help me celebrate?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

Re: The Dead 2003

#264340 1 year, 4 months ago
Yes I have the flac versions of both 7/7 and 7/8, 2003. 7/8 includes Joan's birthday song. Send me a PM with an address, and I can mail them out to you. If I remember correctly, you have Europe 72. There are one or two shows I would be more than willing to trade for. Note: There are a few 2003 shows that IMHO really stand out. If you are interested I could make a few suggestions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, ChefArugula
ChefArugula
Expert Boarder
The Turtle abides....

#264368 1 year, 4 months ago
nycdave, do you have any notes on the show at the Gorge in George? I really enjoyed Joan osborn's contribution to that line-up....
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#264382 1 year, 4 months ago
ChefArugula wrote:
nycdave, do you have any notes on the show at the Gorge in George? I really enjoyed Joan osborn's contribution to that line-up....

On July 3, 2004 the Dead played The Gorge, in George, Wa. Joan did not play with the Dead in 2004. Warren was in that band, and Derek Trucks joined the band after D/S in the second Set. From what I know (which may not be all that much) Joan played with the Dead in 2003 and Phil and Friends in 2006. There is no mention of any shows with Joan at either the Gorge, or in Washington during her tenor with the Dead or P & F.
Joan did play at the Gorge on May 1, 1997 as part of the Lilith Fair. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#264477 1 year, 4 months ago
ChefArugula wrote:

The Dead

Sunday, September 21, 2003
The Gorge
George, WA

I: Dark Star Jam > Truckin > Tomorrow Never Knows > Cryptical Envelopment > Loser, Alligator > Caution, It Must Have Been the Roses, West L.A. Fadeaway > Loser > Fire on the Mountain
II: Jam > Loose Lucy > Brown-Eyed Women > Eyes of the World > Night of 1000 Stars > Estimated Prophet > Drums > Space > Standing on the Moon > Cassidy > Sugaree
E: Samson and Delilah, Brokedown Palace

archive.org/details/dead2003-09-21.rode-...clevenger.19676.shnf
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, ChefArugula
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#264489 1 year, 4 months ago
Man, Joan was awesome. I miss her.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#264513 1 year, 4 months ago
Yea I really liked Joan in this line up. 2003 was sort of a big year for me in that this reunion is what got be back on the bus after falling off in 98 when I had a hard time getting into Other Ones. Oh and I also got married
Chester
More or less in line

#264522 1 year, 4 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Man, Joan was awesome. I miss her.

These tours, and the tours with Phil and Friends, actually introduced me to her voice and talent. Been a huge fan ever since.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, ChefArugula
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#264525 1 year, 4 months ago
Loved Joan
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#264534 1 year, 4 months ago
I saw Joan in 03 and 06, and wasn't impressed. I assumed it was just me, because everyone else seems so fond of her. I went back and purchased P&F with Joan in SF, and my impression remained the same. I have a hard time with female vocals on dead tunes, I didn't care for Donna either.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratdog2112
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds