#265956 1 year, 2 months ago
nothin left to do but smile smile smile
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Gm 2 Bruins vs Hawks

#265957 1 year, 2 months ago
Like Chris Berman from ESPN always says "That's why they play the game"

It's never over until its over. My stomach is still sour from the Broncos blowing the last minute of that playoff game....
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratdog2112
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#265961 1 year, 2 months ago
congrats 'Hawks! great game & series.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#265987 1 year, 2 months ago
newyawker wrote:
ratdog2112 wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
ratdog2112 wrote:
WOW, I really can't believe that Boston collapsed with just 2 minutes left.

I don't think any of their fans did either. That was one stunned bunch of Bruin fans!

I don't think the Bruin fans are going to sleep well tonite, not with that sour feeling left in their stomachs. Wonder how many were on their phone there in the last 3 to 5 minutes of the game making plans to head back to Chicago, hopefully if they were making hotel plans they will be able to cancel them.

I did not sleep at all man. They just fell apart the last 3 games. Tukkaa was an immovable object the whole year and just was like swiss cheese the last 3 games. I am besides myself. I already planned on going to Boston when they won!!!!! Not only do I love the Bruins, I do not like the Blackhawks.

You've got my sympathy NewYawker, that had to have been a shock last night!! I have to say the excitement of the playoffs sure made up for a shortened season!

Now watch out Hawks, Bruins and everyone else, the Red Wings will be back to get you all next year!!
Bazza99
Junior Boarder

#265990 1 year, 2 months ago
Nice job Hawks, great series!! Next year will be interesting with the new divisions and playoff format!!
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#266000 1 year, 2 months ago
That's right, I forgot about the divisions being realigned. Hey Sue, the Hawks and Wings can actually face each other in the finals now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#266042 1 year, 2 months ago
I cannot believe Kane won the Conn Smythe. Admittedly, I'm biased. I don't like specialty+one-way players. They do not epitomize a hockey player in my eyes. He plays hard for 5% of the time he's on the ice. Not looking for arguments. I just don't care for the way he plays the game. For you NBA folk, he's the Jason Williams of hockey.

It's a little tiresome for goalies to win the Conn Smythe so often, but I really feel Crawford was most deserving. If I was going with a one-way player, I might go for Niklas Hjarmalsson as a possible vote (another bias is that I prefer watching defense in all sports...they're the real stars and backbones in my eyes). Weak glove-hand aside, I really thought Crawford won the cup for this team.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

#266046 1 year, 2 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
I cannot believe Kane won the Conn Smythe. Admittedly, I'm biased. I don't like specialty+one-way players. They do not epitomize a hockey player in my eyes. He plays hard for 5% of the time he's on the ice. Not looking for arguments. I just don't care for the way he plays the game. For you NBA folk, he's the Jason Williams of hockey.

It's a little tiresome for goalies to win the Conn Smythe so often, but I really feel Crawford was most deserving. If I was going with a one-way player, I might go for Niklas Hjarmalsson as a possible vote (another bias is that I prefer watching defense in all sports...they're the real stars and backbones in my eyes). Weak glove-hand aside, I really thought Crawford won the cup for this team.

I agree with the Crawford choice he did win it for the team especially in those last 2 games, even though they won game 4 he gave up 5 goals and 3 were to the glove side, but games 5 & 6 he was unstoppable.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds