• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Grateful Dead Meet Up At The Movies 2013:

#276156 11 months, 3 weeks ago
SunshineSue wrote:
ZenoMarx wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
much better than the download that's been circulating.
Really, the one I have is pretty damn nice. Do you know if the one you've seen is a BHP production and the new, updated version? Nevermind if you've been watching it on YouTube. The quality is always lesser on there than what we share elsewhere. Until used and promotional copies of the blu-ray start popping up, I'll be perfectly content with not spending $55 (or even $15 in a movie theater...that's what it was here). But I am curious to know what version folks were watching prior to this official release.

What I have is a copy of a download from some BT site that a friend gave me a few years ago. It's titled Sunshine Daydream by "Canis Major Productions" and is only 43 minutes of basically just the 1972 footage, there's none of the interviews or background material. I'm not sure what of the music is missing, it's been awhile since I've seen it and I didn't go through all of it. However, I still won't be forking out $55 for the new release, I'll wait until that can be downloaded.
Thanks. That explains it I suspect. The "BHP new version" was the one to have (Brokedown House Productions). 100 minutes. It had some sync problems here and there, just like I'm reading this official deal has. I'm surprised that couldn't be fixed, but I don't know anything about video. Maybe it was impossible to fix or simply too costly to fix.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#276160 11 months, 3 weeks ago
SunshineSue wrote:
ZenoMarx wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
much better than the download that's been circulating.
Really, the one I have is pretty damn nice. Do you know if the one you've seen is a BHP production and the new, updated version? Nevermind if you've been watching it on YouTube. The quality is always lesser on there than what we share elsewhere. Until used and promotional copies of the blu-ray start popping up, I'll be perfectly content with not spending $55 (or even $15 in a movie theater...that's what it was here). But I am curious to know what version folks were watching prior to this official release.

What I have is a copy of a download from some BT site that a friend gave me a few years ago. It's titled Sunshine Daydream by "Canis Major Productions" and is only 43 minutes of basically just the 1972 footage, there's none of the interviews or background material. I'm not sure what of the music is missing, it's been awhile since I've seen it and I didn't go through all of it. However, I still won't be forking out $55 for the new release, I'll wait until that can be downloaded.

I've got that version too and a DVD of "Sunshine Daydream Songs" which also includes some enhanced footage at the end. Check the clip on dead.net for an idea of the improvement over the version you have. I Pre-ordered the Blu-ray/HDCD version yesterday and have been anticipating the release for years. It is a limited release of the most requested show so it'll probably sell out fairly quickly. If anything like Dave's Picks series could show up used on eBay for inflated prices. I'd also recommend picking up the NRPS Live from Veneta 8/27/72 for an even broader experience of the Creamery Benefit Event. This event is my time machine pick if only able to pick one show to travel back and attend.

The sound quality on Blu-ray format taken from the multitrack masters and in surround is currently the best you can get.
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
Last Edit: 11 months, 3 weeks ago by DigiGal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#276163 11 months, 3 weeks ago
SunshineSue wrote:
23atwell wrote:
I cant get that guy dancing naked up above the band though. Weird.....

Ah yes, the gorgeous, long haired naked man dancing. Yep, pretty much my favorite part of the movie!! Such a bummer when he put his shorts back on.

Haha, I actually found him very distracting, kinda like the 'elephant' in the room, but just perfect placement for the film makers!!! I think Jerry knew, but couldn't turn around, might have 'harshed his mellow' lol!! Would have loved to have been in the room when the band first watched the footage This show was equal parts altruism, weirdness & genius!
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
ChefArugula
Expert Boarder
The Turtle abides....

#276268 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Yeah the 2D perspective of that one scene has him perched on Bob's shoulder like a demented human parrot....
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds