• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

Re: Grateful Dead Meet Up At The Movies 2013:

#276067 1 year, 2 months ago
LMAO when the dog snatched the baby's snack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, 23atwell, DrippingColors, theotherone
MS_half-step
Junior Boarder
hangin ten out on space and time

#276069 1 year, 2 months ago
Loved the dialogue of the PA announcers, especially when they said look everyone a fire truck is coming to spray the crowd with water...err, nevermind that the port o john cleaner don't think you want us to spray the crowd with shit. Ha.

Good crowd in MS.
red reishi
Fresh Boarder

#276072 1 year, 2 months ago
Good times here in Burlington VT! Two theaters at the venue were practically sold out, the movie started about 40 mins late (after repeat viewings of the tye-die commercial lol) but man once the music started (another good while later) it was ON! I couldn't help but feel discombobulated looking into the band's eyes, as they seemed to surprise themselves repeatedly. The show seemed like it was very enjoyable but also somewhat kamikaze. It was awesome to see the band up and close, and the jams were on.

One of my favorite parts was seeing the legend Neil Cassidy, as "On the Road" was a huge influence on my young brain.
theotherone
Junior Boarder

#276077 1 year, 2 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
What really caught my eye was how horribly sun burnt EVERYONE was .. holy cow it makes me cringe I am thinking there was no sun screen back then was there?

Those folks just looked toasted, and not just in the fun sense of the word!! It was back in the age of using nothing or worse, putting on baby oil, and boy there was a lot of bare skin out there to get burned that day. And those burns in the areas that are usually covered are the worst, and unfortunately I speak from experience!!

...About those burns in areas that are usually covered....on the way home, a friend of mine pointed out the lack of tan lines, which led him to believe that this was not the first time these areas had seen light of day.
......While the Music Plays the Band.....
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#276084 1 year, 2 months ago
Did anyone else feel a kind of empty vibe without pig's presence? Maybe empty is not the best word, but a feeling like your favorite family member could not make the Christmas party, a solemn feeling ...

It is weird because it reminded me of how i felt at the first show I went to after Brent passed away... relieved that they were still playing but at the same time knowing the band is going through change and it is not quite what you were used to.

I dont know .. just some thoughts I have had since last night. It is a powerful band to make you spend your free time reflecting on things that go beyond the music.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#276086 1 year, 2 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Did anyone else feel a kind of empty vibe without pig's presence? Maybe empty is not the best word, but a feeling like your favorite family member could not make the Christmas party, a solemn feeling ...

Yeah, we were talking about that on the way home. He was still alive then, but it would have been during his downhill slide period. He should have been there.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#276087 1 year, 2 months ago
Well that was treat. We had a very good turnout, we had about 35. Like people already mentioned, my favorite was the sing me back home and I just loves all the shots of the kids. Kids running on the stage and kids chilling in there diapers. Hella cute. And yes the kid in the tire getting his ice cream snagged by the dog was so freaking cute.

I cant get that guy dancing naked up above the band though. Weird.....

Phils solo in Dark Star was very captivating. I though that was some great camera work. I just love that stuff. We need more.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#276088 1 year, 2 months ago
Yep exactly ... they were playing knowing their pal is not doing well and the ominous feeling that the band had reached a fork in the road and there was a new direction that had to be taken.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#276089 1 year, 2 months ago
23atwell wrote:
I cant get that guy dancing naked up above the band though. Weird.....

Ah yes, the gorgeous, long haired naked man dancing. Yep, pretty much my favorite part of the movie!! Such a bummer when he put his shorts back on.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#276093 1 year, 2 months ago
brokenarrow wrote:
Amazing dark star .. wow how it flowed into el paso was a perfect transition..... they all seemed to be on a different planet in that dark star. Sing me back home was beautiful.....this will defiently be a DVD /CD buy for me...I hope everyone had fun like me.....that was some trippy shit during dark star....and Phil was as amazing as Jerry was on that to.....a beautiful night at the movies

I did not go to this but I have a watchable copy from a while back. Parts of this, to me, are the closest any recorded video has come to reflecting the specialness that is the Dead. The Dark Star is amazing....
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds