Senior Boarder

Re: Grateful Dead Meet Up At The Movies 2013:

#276007 1 year, 1 month ago
O'side CA
DrippingColors
Senior Boarder

#276018 1 year, 1 month ago
Had seen this film before in a B&W very rough version. The movie was wonderful with a great twenty or thirty minute intro with new footage and interviews. A good show and a great tale from the golden road.
wryan6847
Senior Boarder

#276021 1 year, 1 month ago
All the nude dancers. Plus the naked guy on the pole behind the stage. Couldn't stop laughing. Man those were the days. Classic Dark Star !!!
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#276027 1 year, 1 month ago
DrippingColors wrote:
Had seen this film before in a B&W very rough version. The movie was wonderful with a great twenty or thirty minute intro with new footage and interviews. A good show and a great tale from the golden road.

Ditto. I had a crappy copy many years ago so I had seen it before. The interviews were a good way to give it some background.

I liked how they gave everyone credit at the end and had photos of the crew, etc.

The sound in the theater was great, excellent stereo separation and nice and loud.

Sold out show here in NY.
These are the good old days!!
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#276029 1 year, 1 month ago
wryan6847 wrote:
All the nude dancers. Plus the naked guy on the pole behind the stage. Couldn't stop laughing. Man those were the days. Classic Dark Star !!!

Absolutely! The biggest laugh erupted in the theater when that guy put his shorts on! Evening attire haha! That Darkstar was sick and I think I might dream of manatees wearing lipstick!!! "Sing Me Back Home" left me holding back the tears... So emotional!!! Glad I made the trek to see it- I won the tickets through Tales From The Golden Road & David Gans was on hand to introduce the movie at our theater. Funny I got to see/speak to Wavy G, David Gans & Sam Cutler last weekend & got to see David + Wavy & Sam on film tonight. Got in the Car & David's on the radio... Courtenay Pollock's mandalas whirling were a nice touch also. Great night!
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#276034 1 year, 1 month ago
Such a well done movie, much better than the download that's been circulating. The Dark Star was fabulous, Jerry's fingers were a blur at times!! Guess I'll have to ask Santa for the DVD.

There were only a handful of people at this theater 2 years ago for the GD Movie, but there were at least 50 people tonight, including a dozen of our crew. Lots of smiles and and few sniffles, a perfect way to spend the evening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: theotherone, ChefArugula
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#276039 1 year, 1 month ago
Yea I dont think there are words to describe the dark star.

One of my top favorite bird songs.

What really caught my eye was how horribly sun burnt EVERYONE was .. holy cow it makes me cringe I am thinking there was no sun screen back then was there?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#276042 1 year, 1 month ago
Denver Man wrote:
What really caught my eye was how horribly sun burnt EVERYONE was .. holy cow it makes me cringe I am thinking there was no sun screen back then was there?

Those folks just looked toasted, and not just in the fun sense of the word!! It was back in the age of using nothing or worse, putting on baby oil, and boy there was a lot of bare skin out there to get burned that day. And those burns in the areas that are usually covered are the worst, and unfortunately I speak from experience!!
ChefArugula
Expert Boarder
The Turtle abides....

#276056 1 year, 1 month ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

Those folks just looked toasted, and not just in the fun sense of the word!! It was back in the age of using nothing or worse, putting on baby oil, and boy there was a lot of bare skin out there to get burned that day. And those burns in the areas that are usually covered are the worst, and unfortunately I speak from experience!!

Ow Ow Ow....
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#276062 1 year, 1 month ago
Amazing dark star .. wow how it flowed into el paso was a perfect transition..... they all seemed to be on a different planet in that dark star. Sing me back home was beautiful.....this will defiently be a DVD /CD buy for me...I hope everyone had fun like me.....that was some trippy shit during dark star....and Phil was as amazing as Jerry was on that to.....a beautiful night at the movies
GOOD LOVE
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds