• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: What is a dream REALLY?

#26612 3 years, 5 months ago
I'm just thinking about what I just posted and I'm thinking "wow, something was calling out for me to be in the psychedelic state of mind even way back then"

I'm so glad I found who I really am, sad to say I was almost taken over by rap/hip hop and the ungrateful group of people I used to hang around (7-10 years ago), I just hope my youngest brother snaps out of all that some day..... not that I care what he listens to just more so the people he's hanging around and his state of mind right now.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#26621 3 years, 5 months ago
i dream the future...90% of my dreams i remember occur in real life whether its a day later, a week later, a month later, or a year later or even more....sometimes its just stuff i was thinking about earlier in the day

every so often i'll have a dream im on the floor gazing up at phil running marathons on his bass
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Charlie Sheen
Junior Boarder

#26626 3 years, 5 months ago
"dreams are lies...........dreaming is real"
Bud
Junior Boarder

#26627 3 years, 5 months ago
Ive always been a very active dreamer. I was able to lucid dream for a while but now that I'm older and exhausted from raising two boys I haven't had a very active dream life. But a dream is basically your subconscious throwing up all the information you took in during the day mixed in with your insecurities,aspirations,fears and all those other" real "thoughts on things. I picked up a book one time and started looking up all the things that were in my dreams and what they represented. And its really kind of scary. L..O.L there are a ton of books out there and they have conflicting views on what the symbolism in your dream actually means in your real life. For instance I think if you dream about the ocean it's supposed to represent fear of change of something in your life. I also heard from a psychologist one time that you are everyone in your dream just projected onto someone's face. Its a really deep topic. If you sleep normally you spend about half your life doing it but allot of people don't even remember their dreams. I have very vivid confusing dreams lately.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#26649 3 years, 5 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I havnt had this dream in a luttle while but I always used to dream I'm in High school and I'm in my boxers and its like WTF how did I get in my boxers and what the hell am I going to do?

Also I used to work at this chicken shack, minimum wage but then I got a better job and swore never to go back again and I always dream that I'm working there and again its like WTF why am I here I swore never to come back - those dreams are almost like nightmares sometimes.

theres this 1 dream thats real weird - I can't even explain it really but its this place that I go to and I would always have this same dream every once in a while for years and years...... now a few months ago, maybe even half a year I was telling someone about this dream and how I always go back to it but...... ever since I talked about it I havn't had it again - I think that dream might be gone for good

***I'm going to talk about 1 more thing and it may sound crazy - but we all know DMT natually occurs in the human body, mostly when we are born and when we die but I have heard theories of it affecting dreams ...... now way back when I was like 5 or around that age, I have these 2 moments that have stuck with me forever - they could of been anywhere from 2-6 years apart but I was not older then 8 for both moments. Each time I awoke from a dream (not like a nightmare just waking up) and I knew I was awake but I had this feeling running threw me and the room was like either real tiny or real big and I was tiny, it lasted probably 20 seconds or so each time...... This was way before I knew anything about tripping or changing the state of mind but now ever since I did DMT, I look back at those moments and I can't help but think it was my body releasing DMT ..... I knew for a fact I was awake and I never really talked about it ever just cause it was so unexplainable and I probably didn't want to sound crazy.
The first time it happened, I had awakened from the greatest dream I ever had to this day... It was like outer space like, and I was bouncing threw all this stuff, it was similiar to that classic Bugs Bunny eppisode (or movie ?)... and I was so mad I woke up from it and then that craziness happened. When I think about it today it was def like a trip - but I didn't know nothing about tripping then.

Trippy, man. Yeah, i heard something bout DMT n dreamin before. My brother told me our bodies naturally produce DMT (which blew my mind) that, its released during birth/death/ and during REM sleep (rapideyemovement)
This begs to ask another question. Mayb it gives glymps's in to theee......iono spirit world, other dimensions or whatever. I KNOW sounds outlandish. Jus a thought i jus had.

HERES TO HOPIN MY BAD DREAMS GO AWAY AFTER THE FURTHUR SUMMER TOUR. lol
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder

#26650 3 years, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i dream the future...90% of my dreams i remember occur in real life whether its a day later, a week later, a month later, or a year later or even more....sometimes its just stuff i was thinking about earlier in the day

every so often i'll have a dream im on the floor gazing up at phil running marathons on his bass

ooooo Mayb thats where dejavu come from. Dreams. Oh, n can you try to think bout the lotto numbers b4 you crash tnight? lol Ill split the winnings with you. hehehe Fuck that, if i won the lottery, id take the entire forum on tour wit me. =-)

Goin FURTHUR on the Summer O' 2011 FURTHUR tour. Hope to see a bunch of you freaks out there =-)
intothesun
Visitor

#26701 3 years, 5 months ago
dreams are always for me either really fucked up like a crazy movie like fear and loathing that jump from scene to scene ........or a really awesome magical thing like being in the treetops of the rainforest and then cruisin in a golfcart with bob weir or seeing jerry walkin right passed me then playin his acoustic outside a dead show incogneto with a leather jacket and shades. bein in the golf cart with bobby was pretty damn cool. then i woke up.
intothesun
Visitor

#26702 3 years, 5 months ago
dreams are lies, dreaming is real....nice - right on to that! i agree fully
Mosthigh
Fresh Boarder

#26747 3 years, 5 months ago
It's like that episode of Star Trek TNG where the ship uses simultaneous programs (ie. memories) on the holodeck (the brain's imagination center) to convey what is going on at the time. They all converge to send a message (subconsciously) to try & resolve whatever issue is telling.
Of course, it's not easy to access this hologram program in conscious state, however, some people know how to access their dreams via "lucid dreaming" - as talked about by Casteneda - where one finds one's hands in their dream, which can lead them to "conscious dreaming", thereby being in control of one's actions within that hologram.
I have heard of people simultaneously lucid dreaming - from different parts of the globe) and meeting each other on a "astral plane" and having an exchange.
Trippy!
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder

#26957 3 years, 5 months ago
Bump
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds