• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Re: MsJimp

#29583 3 years, 2 months ago
Hello Ms. Jimp. I'm to lazy to do any gardening or yard work so I hired a lawn crew. They do a much better job. I have the landscaped yard from hell. Whoever owned this house before me was some sort of gardener and planted all these things that need to be maintained and now I'm paying the price. I also got cinch bugs which led to weeds, and now I pay true green chemlawn too. Im going to have a big yard sale next week and sell all my lawn equipment and theres a lot of it. Sorry, maybe this is the wrong thread. I need to go back to Lynx's complaint thread.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#29605 3 years, 2 months ago
I have three not much bigger than postage stamp sized areas the largest being the back deck which I have not even begun work on , have to get the old broken hot tub out of there and replace with a koi pond and build up the sides of the deck, its going to be white gravel with a walking path of large pavers some larger bonsai and a nice bench and decorative lighting been here 3 years and its time to start sprucing up the place Mr Jimp wants canterbury belles and some other such things around the outside of the deck I find the gardening relaxing and enjoyable we dont have lawn issues as the HOA has people that come and do that and everybody has weeds, those just have to be pulled the old fashioned way in the flower beds , Jimpette likes to do the weeding but only with the gardening gloves lol as she is not a fan of dirt and she is very much looking forward to the bonsai project as it will give her an excuse to stay out of the dirt , the fish will be a nice addition though and I am looking forward to getting back to fish keeping this will be fun for me
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by MsJimp. Reason: spelling error
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#29659 3 years, 2 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Hello Ms. Jimp. I'm to lazy to do any gardening or yard work so I hired a lawn crew. They do a much better job. I have the landscaped yard from hell. Whoever owned this house before me was some sort of gardener and planted all these things that need to be maintained and now I'm paying the price. I also got cinch bugs which led to weeds, and now I pay true green chemlawn too. Im going to have a big yard sale next week and sell all my lawn equipment and theres a lot of it. Sorry, maybe this is the wrong thread. I need to go back to Lynx's complaint thread.

Sounds like my house, they had a small manmade pond which I won't get into but it such a pain in the ass, it's officially gone, but you need to see the front of the house, it has landscaping out the ass, which I would have never invested in but it was there when we moved so i feel like I gotta take care of it. I have a nice burying spot I picked out for 420, I hope it doesn't sprout up those stinky plants.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#29788 3 years, 1 month ago
MsJimp wrote:
I have three not much bigger than postage stamp sized areas the largest being the back deck which I have not even begun work on , have to get the old broken hot tub out of there and replace with a koi pond and build up the sides of the deck, its going to be white gravel with a walking path of large pavers some larger bonsai and a nice bench and decorative lighting been here 3 years and its time to start sprucing up the place Mr Jimp wants canterbury belles and some other such things around the outside of the deck I find the gardening relaxing and enjoyable we dont have lawn issues as the HOA has people that come and do that and everybody has weeds, those just have to be pulled the old fashioned way in the flower beds , Jimpette likes to do the weeding but only with the gardening gloves lol as she is not a fan of dirt and she is very much looking forward to the bonsai project as it will give her an excuse to stay out of the dirt , the fish will be a nice addition though and I am looking forward to getting back to fish keeping this will be fun for me

Sounds like my place. I have a ton of projects that I would like to do, including a koi pond this summer. It sucks that you have a hoa to deal with, but what can you do? It seems like the rest of us that you wish you had more time to put into the garden, but you're happy to do what you have done already. I will keep you updated on the fish pond, and I'm looking forward to hearing about yours.

mmirose1.jpg
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#29790 3 years, 1 month ago
You can see where I burned the rose in the background.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#29799 3 years, 1 month ago
they look fine to me .they are fully developed and on the downhill side they should be cut for the house,once the buds start opening it starts going downhill.mine had a huge bloom over the weekend with all the heat i got to get out and cut a whole bunch they are all ready dropping petals freaking in the 90's all ready
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#29855 3 years, 1 month ago
I have a habit of leaving them for to long. When I go to bring them in its to late. Good advice.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#29862 3 years, 1 month ago
Next year we are going to start all of our annuals from seed rather than purchase and plant. We have already started our fall to winter annuals and we are working on indoor green houses for January planting for next spring. It has been a very very long time since I have done this but it feels good to get back to it. I am really looking forward to the winter this year and next spring, because it will not be trucking off to the garden center to dump all kinds of money lol. I am looking forward to large healthy colorful flowers next year.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#29867 3 years, 1 month ago
if i had my way id get rid of those damn hedges
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#29930 3 years, 1 month ago
Ever think about growing orchids indoors? The plant store I go to has a beauty on display there. Quite a project, but wow, what a cool plant.

For some reason I haven't gotten around to planting annuals. I've only lived here a year, so I wanted to put in a bunch of perennials as 'anchor' points.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#30224 3 years, 1 month ago
orchards are very labor intensive but yeah they look awesome,i love perinnials they speak to my inner cheapskate
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by 83msg1sttyme.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#30423 3 years, 1 month ago
I really like the idea of starting next year with seeds, and not spending so much at the garden center.
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds