• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Re: MsJimp

#29431 3 years, 3 months ago
I have just the place, along the driveway. It gets sun all day, but tapers off a little later in the day.

What's with the tomato's? Take up to much water?
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#29436 3 years, 3 months ago
no food period we live in a townhouse , i think it has something to do with drainage issues I know that some of the folks who live in individual houses in our development that have high fences in the back yards do grow veggie gardens but it is on the down low and they usually have their high cedar fences built all the way up to the sides of their houses to keep the HOA out of their business , cant fly a flag if its not a holiday either
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#29444 3 years, 3 months ago
You seem to do a pretty good job with what you can do.

You're our resident expert here, so you must be doing something right!!
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#29473 3 years, 3 months ago
far from an expert, .......probably more of a basic level hobbyist lol at best
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#29476 3 years, 3 months ago
Compared to me, that's a pro.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#29569 3 years, 3 months ago
put the maters in containers so you can move them around you also need to support them with stakes or cages unless you go the upside down route,the good thing bout containers is you can water from the bottom which is best anyway
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#29583 3 years, 3 months ago
Hello Ms. Jimp. I'm to lazy to do any gardening or yard work so I hired a lawn crew. They do a much better job. I have the landscaped yard from hell. Whoever owned this house before me was some sort of gardener and planted all these things that need to be maintained and now I'm paying the price. I also got cinch bugs which led to weeds, and now I pay true green chemlawn too. Im going to have a big yard sale next week and sell all my lawn equipment and theres a lot of it. Sorry, maybe this is the wrong thread. I need to go back to Lynx's complaint thread.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#29605 3 years, 3 months ago
I have three not much bigger than postage stamp sized areas the largest being the back deck which I have not even begun work on , have to get the old broken hot tub out of there and replace with a koi pond and build up the sides of the deck, its going to be white gravel with a walking path of large pavers some larger bonsai and a nice bench and decorative lighting been here 3 years and its time to start sprucing up the place Mr Jimp wants canterbury belles and some other such things around the outside of the deck I find the gardening relaxing and enjoyable we dont have lawn issues as the HOA has people that come and do that and everybody has weeds, those just have to be pulled the old fashioned way in the flower beds , Jimpette likes to do the weeding but only with the gardening gloves lol as she is not a fan of dirt and she is very much looking forward to the bonsai project as it will give her an excuse to stay out of the dirt , the fish will be a nice addition though and I am looking forward to getting back to fish keeping this will be fun for me
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by MsJimp. Reason: spelling error
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#29659 3 years, 3 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Hello Ms. Jimp. I'm to lazy to do any gardening or yard work so I hired a lawn crew. They do a much better job. I have the landscaped yard from hell. Whoever owned this house before me was some sort of gardener and planted all these things that need to be maintained and now I'm paying the price. I also got cinch bugs which led to weeds, and now I pay true green chemlawn too. Im going to have a big yard sale next week and sell all my lawn equipment and theres a lot of it. Sorry, maybe this is the wrong thread. I need to go back to Lynx's complaint thread.

Sounds like my house, they had a small manmade pond which I won't get into but it such a pain in the ass, it's officially gone, but you need to see the front of the house, it has landscaping out the ass, which I would have never invested in but it was there when we moved so i feel like I gotta take care of it. I have a nice burying spot I picked out for 420, I hope it doesn't sprout up those stinky plants.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#29788 3 years, 3 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
I have three not much bigger than postage stamp sized areas the largest being the back deck which I have not even begun work on , have to get the old broken hot tub out of there and replace with a koi pond and build up the sides of the deck, its going to be white gravel with a walking path of large pavers some larger bonsai and a nice bench and decorative lighting been here 3 years and its time to start sprucing up the place Mr Jimp wants canterbury belles and some other such things around the outside of the deck I find the gardening relaxing and enjoyable we dont have lawn issues as the HOA has people that come and do that and everybody has weeds, those just have to be pulled the old fashioned way in the flower beds , Jimpette likes to do the weeding but only with the gardening gloves lol as she is not a fan of dirt and she is very much looking forward to the bonsai project as it will give her an excuse to stay out of the dirt , the fish will be a nice addition though and I am looking forward to getting back to fish keeping this will be fun for me

Sounds like my place. I have a ton of projects that I would like to do, including a koi pond this summer. It sucks that you have a hoa to deal with, but what can you do? It seems like the rest of us that you wish you had more time to put into the garden, but you're happy to do what you have done already. I will keep you updated on the fish pond, and I'm looking forward to hearing about yours.

mmirose1.jpg
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds