• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Ken Kesey Movie Coming this Summer

#25749 3 years, 4 months ago
Magic Trip: Ken Kesey’s Search for a Kool Place

In 1964, author Ken Kesey and The Merry Band of Pranksters embarked on a legendary LSD-fueled journey across the country. While traveling aboard the iconic Furthur bus, the group collected 16MM video footage of their travels and experiences. Until now, this footage has remained a lost secret from the early days of the psychedelic period. But with the release of Magic Trip: Ken Kesey’s Search for a Kool Place this essential piece of counter-culture history will finally be brought to light.

Academy Award-winning filmmaker Alex Gibney (Taxi to the Dark Side) along with co-director Alison Ellwood have restored over 100 hours of film and audiotape that will hit theatres this summer on August 5. The movie will offer a first look at many of the stories made famous through Tom Wolfe’s Electric Kool Aid Acid Test. You can preview the trailer over at iTunes, which features scenes aboard the Furthur bus, the legendary Neil Casady and even a glimpse of a young Jerry Garcia.
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Ken Kesey Movie Coming this Summer

#25754 3 years, 4 months ago
my guess is of the 100 hrs theyll be lucky if 15 mins is any good ,but im curious enough to check it out either way
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
crazyrooster12
Fresh Boarder

#26030 3 years, 4 months ago
I got a copy of the orginal from the library on VHS and it was pretty weird. Not something you could really sit down and watch unless you were also enhanced. Might be good to throw on in the background of a party and just check in randomly. Neal is pretty funny in it. That being said am still interested in seeing this edited footage hopefully they took out the slow parts.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#26036 3 years, 4 months ago
i'm excited for it, thanks for sharing this
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#26040 3 years, 4 months ago
Stoked for this,dude. Im wonderin how they put the movie together. Hav looked b4 for some the film online but couldnt really find anything solid. Theres some movies u can buy, but nothin downloadable, that i could find. One o my top favorite books is The Electric KoolAid Acid Test. Good read.

P.S. FURTHUR PLEASE PLAY KOKOMO........jus do it...please
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds