• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: why wont the forum remember me anymore?

#257236 1 year, 3 months ago
what browser are you using?

I'm on google chrome and it keeps me logged in now unless I leave it idle for several hours. When I log in it goes to this blank page but when I refresh I'm logged in.
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by MushroomMan.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#257243 1 year, 3 months ago
up-to-date Firefox. Has to be a cookie problem. Every few times, Firefox asks if I want to save my password again. The board is definitely sending some screwy signals to the browser.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#257251 1 year, 3 months ago
I think the correct answer is: This is one of the worst run forums on the interwebs
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#257253 1 year, 3 months ago
Has to be the message board software they run, not the people (are there living beings anywhere?). I've never seen one like this. The common, basic board models don't have problems like they do here. Not saying they don't have problems, because they do, but nothing like what I've seen here. The systems design is just goofy as hell. This thing has all kinds of "fancy" ways of doing basic stuff, and it ends up functioning like a chihuahua at a tractor pull.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
IvoryWheels
Junior Boarder

#257728 1 year, 3 months ago
I just tried to hit reply to see if it were true that I was logged in. It was not true and the screen gave me anther log-in section on which to sign in. I had tried twice at the beginning of my 'session'; the login section of the screen said, "Welcome, Guest". BTW, I always feel welcome at this site and with Deadhead people generally.

I suppose the Bobby thing was what brought the site down; first time I've tried since & I hope my buttons all work and folks can retain their threads, etc.

Be excellent to one another!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#257740 1 year, 3 months ago
I just realized that if I refresh and I'm not signed in anymore I can just hit the 'back' button a few times and then I get signed back in as it goes back and refreshes...
Chester
More or less in line

#257742 1 year, 3 months ago
I've had a few issues with the log in too. I sent another message to support, listing some of the issues.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr bakes, PMoondancer , SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#257746 1 year, 3 months ago
I was able to sign in without problems earlier in the week, but for the last couple of days the only way I can sign in is to go into a thread and hit "reply" and then sign in at that prompt. Seems strange that it works there but nowhere else.

Thanks for advocating for us, Chester!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#257747 1 year, 3 months ago
Having some difficulty signing in as well .. my page will say Invalid Token
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#257753 1 year, 3 months ago
granted i haven't read much Tolkien, but i did read Lord of the Rings in grade 7
Time to create page: 1.01 seconds