• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: ROLL CALL - Red Rocks 2013

#285182 10 months ago
I've been home almost a day, and I still can't stop smiling about this weekend! To be honest, after last year's incredibly special, fun trip, I was actually a bit worried this year might be a bit of a let down. Silly me!! Once again this year, every day and every show was filled with beautiful vistas, magical music, kind people and mini-miracles. While every bit was great, I have to throw out a few specific thank you's before all is said and done:

THANK YOU, FURTHUR!!!!! Thank you for the music, for the community, for playing Terrapin in the most beautiful venue in the world, for having Branford join you there, for not giving up after 1995, for ALL of it, thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

A very special thank you to the wonderful strangerinboulder, whose kind help and running made this trip possible, and whose great company makes any show, not to mention football season, that much more fun. See what you can do to get Phil or Furthur back to Broomfield in 2015, OK?!

A big hug and thank you to Ecojaded and Ericajaded for sharing their engagement day with all of us!. Talk about putting the heart into a run, I got tears and goosebumps when your requested Peggy-O started playing! I'm so happy for you both!!

Thank you to every single one of the rest of the FFF that helped to make this run the great experience that it was. That includes a huge thank you to Phred for being incredibly generous and making the trip so fun! And I can't forget to thank Strider for a major Saturday rescue; Gvanman for always being wonderful and making sure I found the flag and other FFF; Amusingdeva, amusingDavid, countingstars and the rest of the gang that gathered at the Courtyard; Perry, Griff, DancingTurtle, BarefootMountainMama and IvoryWheels for introducting yourselves; DenverMan for understanding when I couldn't make it to the RV; and everyone else who stopped by to party or chat inside or outside of the show!! What a time it was, I'm forever grateful for another unforgettable Red Rocks weekend!!

((((((FFF RETURN TO RED ROCKS))))))

Last Edit: 10 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, gvanman, Strider1, Phred, IvoryWheels
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#285211 10 months ago
Big thank you to Phred, seriously, you rock.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#285220 10 months ago
It was great to see NobleGlassArt, too!! I'm so glad we finally caught up out there!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NobleGlassArt
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#285229 10 months ago
Yeah, it was good to see you as well Sue. This run was bitter sweet for me, to say the least. A lot of changes happening now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#285231 10 months ago
We had a great weekend too. I loved hanging out with the Golden Arrow crew, you guys rock, Roadtripper is the best host ever and Aspen still talks about Jake . The RV lot was pretty hopping on Thurs and Friday. Thank you all for coming down and hanging out with us, I know it is a long walk down.

I enjoyed hanging out with the usual suspects and meeting new ones

I hesitate naming names because I know I will forget someone but I want to thank NGA for the upgrade on Sunday and Strider thank you for always tracking us down and keeping us up to date on the happenings. Aspen loved hanging out with you.

Big shout out to Eco and Erica for their engagement, congrats to you 2.

It was so awesome to see furthuflower again. Gvanman I really enjoyed shooting the shit with ya. Always great to see cosmic arkie and hastoloverush.

Finally got to meet Dancingturtle, pinkstang, TMax, Molly Trout, countingstars, a new board member (I am so embarrassed I forgot your name man ) Like I said I am sure I forgot someone and I am very sorry about that.

There are many more FFF I was hoping to see, it always ends up that way. Hopefully next time!

I also want to thank Furthur for blessing us Coloradans so much the last 4 years. WE ARE FOREVER GRATEFUL.

I am still holding out hope for New Years.

Until then, See you in Vegas!!

Peace Love and Light,

Denver Man and Family
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman, SunshineSue, molly trout, Strider1, TMax, NobleGlassArt
TMax
Senior Boarder

#285236 10 months ago
It was very cool to meet some of you and get some faces to put with the names! Sue, sorry I missed meeting you. I looked in the show for the back of your head which I might have recognized from the previous photo posted here... but alas, no luck. I fully intended to go to the after party friday night but I had such a bummer of a time with the crowd that night, all I wanted to do was get some solitude! Ah well, 2015 maybe...
You can't get lost when you're always found...
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#285253 10 months ago
Sorry I missed almost everyone, I'm a floater!

I enjoyed Red Rocks to the fullest, floated around the first night, second row for the next three nights. I turned down VIP, but I still have an open ended offer there. Never had to pay for any drinks or food, it was all compped. It was a good weekend.
IvoryWheels
Junior Boarder

#285556 10 months ago
Ivory Wheels
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds