• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bacon Rocks
Senior Boarder

Re: ROLL CALL - Red Rocks 2013

#280109 1 year, 1 month ago
SunshineSue wrote:
St.Stephenhead wrote:
It is indeed. We are pulling out after Saturday's Show and heading to WA.

Hey, that's great news! Looking forward to seeing all of you there. I'm determined to make it down to the lower lot at some point this trip, since I never did last year.

i will hike down there with you one day, since i have failed to do so the last 2 years.
it takes a team and some motivation!!!
I was standing at the corner
Talking to Miss Brown
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#280112 1 year, 1 month ago
Sue-- I have no doubts about meeting with everyone. If we are spread out I am up for walking around

It does take a lot of motivation to get together, last year was a real special time hanging with everyone!!!
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#280150 1 year, 1 month ago
We'll all have to do our best to try and get together for a nice Flag photo. If anyone is interested, PM me and I will give out my cell so you can have a contact once you are in Denver.
Poles
Expert Boarder

#280169 1 year, 1 month ago
So, Denver Man, are you going to be set up in the same spot as last year? I already told my wife at some point we are making our way down to check you guys out.
Don't ya touch hard liquor
Just a cup of cold coffee
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#280175 1 year, 1 month ago
Poles wrote:
So, Denver Man, are you going to be set up in the same spot as last year? I already told my wife at some point we are making our way down to check you guys out.

So here is my deal - Yes we will be set up in the same spot (lot) as last year, actually the last couple of years. We will be in an old school Jayco/Econoline RV. I will have a Colorado flag a-waving. Maybe I will bring the Bronco flag Unlike last year I am not going to stress out about meet ups. That is where we will be each day and I plan on getting there early each day. Anyone who wants to come on down and hang out, say hi, have a drink, etc are more than welcome I also understand if no one wants to trek down, no biggie but we could plan some sort of meet up inside, although I understand that would be tricky if you are guarding a GA seat.

Now if I was simply driving my car and not the rv I always park in the upper North lot just because I think it is nicer up there, and it is a much nicer and easier walk to the gate but with the rv they herd you down to the lower south lot so that is where I will be.

If the meet up ends up being in the upper south like last year we will try our best to at least stop by before going in. Again I personally do not mind trekking all over the lots and especially do not mind trekking around inside the venue to meet up but my wife is not nearly as gung ho as me so I try not to drag her all over the place, plus my daughter may be in tow the first couple of nights as well. The wild card could be the Arrow, if they drive it to the lot, it could be quite interesting down there!

3 weeks from tomorrow the adventure begins!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, Bacon Rocks
Poles
Expert Boarder

#280177 1 year, 1 month ago
This is precisely why I asked you, because I certainly did not want a replay of last year. It's supposed to be a time to kick back and relax and, I realize that there were all sorts of mitigating factors that added primarily to your stress level. I am going to park in the upper north area (as I have done every other time) and trek it down.
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#280182 1 year, 1 month ago
I'll see ya in the lower south lot DenverMan. Not sure where I'm gonna park but trekking is not a problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#280191 1 year, 1 month ago
Poles wrote:
This is precisely why I asked you, because I certainly did not want a replay of last year. It's supposed to be a time to kick back and relax and, I realize that there were all sorts of mitigating factors that added primarily to your stress level. I am going to park in the upper north area (as I have done every other time) and trek it down.

I feel bad because from upper north to lower south is one HELL of a trek. So anyway my mitigation plan was to have a meet up inside as well. I certainly would not mind running up to the top of the stairs on the pavillion and hanging out for a bit pre-show or hell even at intermission. Anyway, red rock meet ups take some flexibility and coordination to make work. See you soon.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bacon Rocks
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#280198 1 year, 1 month ago
We are going to try to get here early enough to park in the lower south lot, If not that is where I am headed for relaxing pre-show. See you down there Gvan man.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, gvanman
Poles
Expert Boarder

#280199 1 year, 1 month ago
Well, if we have to shift locales so be it. Hell, I'm on vacation!
Time to create page: 2.30 seconds