• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

steely dan

#25334 3 years, 3 months ago
anybody into them they are going to be playing the beacon in NYC doing whole albums over several nites,saw it on ticketmaster
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
nastero
Junior Boarder

Re: steely dan

#25342 3 years, 3 months ago
I saw them about 10 years ago (maybe more now, it's been awhile) when they first started touring again. It was a great show. I like them quite a bit, too bad I'm all the way across the country or I'd seriously consider seeing them.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#25347 3 years, 3 months ago
I love steely dan furshur. Iono if'n i'd like to see em tho. Not sayn a thing against older bands(bands wit oldr peeples) but not all musicians have remained as vibrant in their music as the remaining memebers of GD. Went to see Jethro Tull innnnn cant remember, i think 09 or sumtin at the greek (la) and was quiiite disapointed. Much probly due to the fact there was this fat douche next to me shouting the whole time bout how it sucked n how he wanted them to play thick as a brick.

Embrace NEGATIVITY to achieve POSITIVITY

Now its time for to wake n bake and kill a mass amount of inbred cyclops babies online, befor i gotta head off to work latr
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#25397 3 years, 3 months ago
I wouldn't mind seeing Steely Dan
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#25403 3 years, 3 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing Steely Dan

Nor would I.
nastero
Junior Boarder

#25418 3 years, 3 months ago
As I mentioned above, they were great when I saw them a while back.

It's funny, I thought they'd only be okay since they were all essentially studio musicians and the like and I figured it'd be like putting a "Greatest Hits" album of theirs on and listening to it outdoors with a bunch of people. Instead, they extended most of the music and jammed it out quite nicely. I was very pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the concert even considering I'm a pretty big fan.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#25455 3 years, 3 months ago
their shows are awesome, perfect sound and top notch musicians.
ddsstyle
Visitor

#25528 3 years, 3 months ago
I heard Chevy Chase was in the band at some early point
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#25551 3 years, 3 months ago

Bummer - no Florida dates. This is a clip I recorded during the Rent Party tour in 2009 at the same St. Augustine venue where Furthur will perform at the end of July.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by StuartSlate.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#25588 3 years, 3 months ago
the beacon is owned by the same people who own msg they boraodcast footage of the beacon shows on MSG when they played full albums it was pretty impressive it may be "on demand " on NY area cable/satalite
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds