• Topics not covered in other forums.
CosmicCookie
Senior Boarder
Its dizzying, the possibilities...

Re: Summer/Fall 2013

#253788 1 year, 5 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
wlewis wrote:

Thanks for all the specific details and help man. Easy Answers...

I was hoping someone had gone to a show here before and knew of better camping sites. Gunstock has great camping but I don't know how "family" friendly they will be. I wonder if some of the smaller camping areas will be better. Anyone have more information than wlewis?

I was trying to figure this out as well, probably gonna have to call a couple different campsites and get a feel for them. Forum folks should try to stay at the same campground so we can party
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#253790 1 year, 5 months ago
mbye philly will close out the run after all good? It kind sucks they took it away, I hope it works out. I always like a show at the Mann.
Playin41
Fresh Boarder

#253800 1 year, 5 months ago
How's everyone doing? Maine head here.
Meadowbrook in NH is an amazing venue, I actually think of it as my favorite outdoor venue that I've been to because of it's beautiful backdrop off the coast of Lake Winapasakee in the peaceful woods, chilled out lots, chilled out security for the most part and the most important AMAZING sound! Very well rounded ampitheater and they have $5 12oz beers at every show, still expensive but better than $9 or more.
As far as camping they are offering up a small amount of on site camping but all I can say about that is if it's the same vibe the lot has then it would be pretty sweet.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#253801 1 year, 5 months ago
Playin41 wrote:
How's everyone doing? Maine head here.
Meadowbrook in NH is an amazing venue, I actually think of it as my favorite outdoor venue that I've been to because of it's beautiful backdrop off the coast of Lake Winapasakee in the peaceful woods, chilled out lots, chilled out security for the most part and the most important AMAZING sound! Very well rounded ampitheater and they have $5 12oz beers at every show, still expensive but better than $9 or more.
As far as camping they are offering up a small amount of on site camping but all I can say about that is if it's the same vibe the lot has then it would be pretty sweet.

Thanks Playin 41! Didn't know about the onsite camping. Hopefully there will be plenty of us Maine heads there.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#253805 1 year, 5 months ago
Welcome to the board Playin41!!!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
mcolleen
Junior Boarder
You are the song that the morning brings

#253838 1 year, 5 months ago
Woohoo! Thanks to Burt's Red Rocks prediction, we planned our wedding for the Saturday before (9/14) so this Killer Fall tour makes for a perfectly-timed honeymoon-plan is to do all 4 RR, Redmond and Berkeley
"The breeze would pause to listen in"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#253841 1 year, 5 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
shit presale is tomorrow...

edit - today, rather

I guess further thinks we all have unlimited cash flow I am doing 2 at the cap plus hotel etc then off to NJ same thing no room to buy more sniff
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#253870 1 year, 5 months ago
mcolleen wrote:
Woohoo! Thanks to Burt's Red Rocks prediction, we planned our wedding for the Saturday before (9/14) so this Killer Fall tour makes for a perfectly-timed honeymoon-plan is to do all 4 RR, Redmond and Berkeley

Great planning, and probably some very good karma you've earned along the way, too, you deserve a wonderful wedding and an absolutely perfect honeymoon!!

It's looking more and more like we'll be doing all 4 Red Rocks, too. I hope we can get together and crack open a bottle of champagne in the Red Rocks parking lot to toast your new beginning!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#253872 1 year, 5 months ago
alilfurther wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
shit presale is tomorrow...

edit - today, rather

I guess further thinks we all have unlimited cash flow I am doing 2 at the cap plus hotel etc then off to NJ same thing no room to buy more sniff

That sucks!! I was hoping to see you out west this fall. Dave has a couple of band buddies driving out and bringing instruments, I thought Mike might want to join in the jam.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#253875 1 year, 5 months ago
mr. nobody wrote:
Regarding Midwest shows and the lamentations over lack of them....You guys want shows but you don't fill them up. I remember distinctly the Minnesota and Ames, Iowa shows being very sparsely attended. I didn't go St. Louis so I can't say. The only market you have that's worth them hitting is Chicago. And I'm surprised it's not on there. Maybe it gets added after All Good now that that has an actual date. But you got Buckeye Lake and that's a serious festival! And you get Red Rocks later. Yes, I consider the front range the edge of the midwest. If y'all had raged up those first shows they ran through there they would be coming back. I thought it's been pretty well-known they have been experimenting to find out where they can play simple residencies and short tours for maximum effect. With the run at The Cap and these two tours it's obvious they have honed down the process. Sorry, but if you haven't made the cut to this point don't be expecting a show...ever again. Except Chicago! Maybe St Louis?

First time Furthur played st.louis they played an arena in 2010. it was half empty! I never thought they would ever come back. But they did in 2011 and played a 5000 seat theater and sold out! I don't care about a St. Louis date just where is the Midwest love this year? I'd love a central time zoned Furthur show is all I'm saying....
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, GreatestStoryEverTold, SunshineSue, Strider1, 66slim
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds