• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Skeeto111
Junior Boarder

Re: Summer/Fall 2013

#253699 1 year, 6 months ago
doesn't look like I'll make a summer show this year. Most likely going to Red Rocks, potentially more West Coast dates if I can manage to make and save enough money.

I have a dilemma for the summer. I've currently purchased a pass for Phish in chicago all three nights at Charter one. It's the exact same weekend for All Good. Also All Good is the only furthur show I could reasonably make it to this summer. Same for Phish in Chicago, only phish show I can realistically make this summer. But since I think I can make RR in the fall, and I dont know about or if I'll want to go to anymore phish shows after the ones this summer. It's a tough call but I've only seen Phish once and thoroughly enjoyed them and get three performances. If I did all good I would essentially be paying all that money just to see Furthur, even though there are lots of other great bands there that I would enjoy. Plus I know a lot of people going to Chicago and while I do know some going to All Good they've more or less got their stuff organized and I just dont know if I'll do it.

I wish furthur was playing the midwest for real. They sold out the fox in 2011 in st. louis
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#253740 1 year, 6 months ago
Nothing south of the Mason-Dixon!?!?!? Guess we get what we deserve...
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#253743 1 year, 6 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
Hotels in Boston in July will be wicked pricey. I know there are some hostels if that is your thing. Close by is pretty ritzy.

Anyone know about camping near the NH show?

Naive question - are there a lot of hotels around the venue? Walking distance? Reasonable cab ride?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#253745 1 year, 6 months ago
OZA wrote:
funky420 wrote:

Ohio is eastern time zone and I wouldn't consider it Midwest.

....Funky...Funky...Funky.. Come on buddy

Ohio is too Midwest! Heck, Michigan is Eastern time zone too, and you better not say we aren't Midwest, my Minnesota friend!! I'm as corn-fed and wholesome as you are!
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#253757 1 year, 6 months ago
www.google.com

ANSWERS
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#253764 1 year, 6 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
NobleGlassArt wrote:
They had it listed for jul 13th Philly

Yeah that was strange. Do you guys really think they will take Sat. Night off after one show after a night off. Seems odd. Hope they get the tour schedule right by the first show.

I wonder if Philly was why they seemed to delay announcing he shows. Perhaps they couldn't work out phila in time. In the end they decided they needed to put stuff on sale.
mr. nobody
Junior Boarder

#253768 1 year, 6 months ago
Regarding Midwest shows and the lamentations over lack of them....You guys want shows but you don't fill them up. I remember distinctly the Minnesota and Ames, Iowa shows being very sparsely attended. I didn't go St. Louis so I can't say. The only market you have that's worth them hitting is Chicago. And I'm surprised it's not on there. Maybe it gets added after All Good now that that has an actual date. But you got Buckeye Lake and that's a serious festival! And you get Red Rocks later. Yes, I consider the front range the edge of the midwest. If y'all had raged up those first shows they ran through there they would be coming back. I thought it's been pretty well-known they have been experimenting to find out where they can play simple residencies and short tours for maximum effect. With the run at The Cap and these two tours it's obvious they have honed down the process. Sorry, but if you haven't made the cut to this point don't be expecting a show...ever again. Except Chicago! Maybe St Louis?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#253770 1 year, 6 months ago
(((AMES)))

st louis that tour was empty.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#253782 1 year, 6 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
B-Rad wrote:
Hotels in Boston in July will be wicked pricey. I know there are some hostels if that is your thing. Close by is pretty ritzy.

Anyone know about camping near the NH show?

Naive question - are there a lot of hotels around the venue? Walking distance? Reasonable cab ride?

Yes there are quite a few and quite a few nice ones now that the waterfront has been improved after the big dig. They all are along the water/water views so very pricey. Maybe there are deals but I am looking to stay furthur out. Should be able to take the T to and from the shows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#253783 1 year, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:

Thanks for all the specific details and help man. Easy Answers...

I was hoping someone had gone to a show here before and knew of better camping sites. Gunstock has great camping but I don't know how "family" friendly they will be. I wonder if some of the smaller camping areas will be better. Anyone have more information than wlewis?
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds