• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

Re: Summer/Fall 2013

#253104 1 year, 6 months ago
Looks like we are going to be skipping summer altogether

Have to save/plan for RR, Vegas, and eventually NYE in SF!
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, Bacon Rocks
theuch24
Junior Boarder

#253105 1 year, 6 months ago
Something must have happened for there to be no midwest shows. Would go to All Good but I'll be in Chicago for Phish that weekend. 2011 Fall Tour in the midwest to me was a success. First time they played in Indianapolis in a while and that show was rockin! Kinda disappointing that they don't come back but can't get mad over things you can't control. Anywho lookin like it's gonna be brooklyn. holmdel for me!
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
Chester
More or less in line

#253106 1 year, 6 months ago
I do feel bad for my friends in the mid west. I've been fairly lucky where I live. Maybe some more shows will be announced.
(Just positive speculation. )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Carl
Junior Boarder

#253108 1 year, 6 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
I booked us a room at the Palms, got it for 79 monday, 89 tues wed, BUT every night has a 12% tax, AND a 20 a night RESORT FEE. Wtf?

So it's 355.04 for three nights.

Planning on doing RR and Vegas. If things go well, atleast.

I cant remember the last hotel I stayed at that DID NOT charge me a resort fee. The theater at The Palms is small. google a picture and it will give you an idea of how small. holds a few thousand people at best. small GA floor, the rest is elevated seating. not really any bad seats in my experience. Should be a blast! I also expect the Berkeley Greeks shows to sell out fast while the LA ones not so fast. So im thinking I can lag on getting tix for the LA shows. any thoughts?
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Carl.
Carl
Junior Boarder

#253112 1 year, 6 months ago
countingstars wrote:
I did Berkeley in '85 '86 - incredible venue and whole area. did RR last year, my first. Awesome. Stuck deciding which....leaning towards RR.

i can pretty much guarantee the three Berkeley shows will cost more to attend than the four RR shows when you factor everything in
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face, SunshineSue
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#253116 1 year, 6 months ago
Good to see the boys (and Miss Sunshine) back in Beantown! Feel really lucky to live in a state as small as NH and have access to these shows....really feeling for the mid west and south though. Will hit the opener in Brooklyn then Gilford NH and the two Beantown shows.....combined with 2 Phil and Friends at the Vibes and 2 of the Doggie at the Peach! I have always been envious of the peeps out west but I guess I should never complain about the shitty winter weather again knowing what the spring and summer brings to New England...Not to mention 4 shows at the Cap starting tonight!!
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#253128 1 year, 6 months ago
VERY disappointed that there's no Bethel or Philly. And they haven't done Buffalo in a while, so we're going to try to get to Canandaigua so we can see some friends from home. Then it's either Berkley or Red Rocks, most likely Red Rocks as we know more people there to stay with & it's just plain easier for us time-wise & $-wise... Now to plan...
Bazza99
Junior Boarder

#253134 1 year, 6 months ago
Going to plan a visit home to Boston around the two show and a Red Sox's Yankee weekend!! Go Sox!! I can drive from Tahoe to all three Greek shows!! Zach's pizza in Berkeley/ Oakland is awesome but always packed!! Looks like I might be able to also get to the Vegas shows, it's a 1 beer flight from Reno!!
I'm thinking the Berkeley shows will all sell out fast and Vegas is a very small venue and should sell out fast too!!
I was thinking last week how much it sucked not having any tickets for a Furthur shows sitting on my desk, I was getting very depressed thinking I might not hit any shows this summer and now it's all going to work out awesome!!
Took this picture at the Greek in the early 80's, I have been wanting to go back there again!!
Jerry_a_2013-04-15.jpg
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#253144 1 year, 6 months ago
theuch24 wrote:
Something must have happened for there to be no midwest shows. Would go to All Good but I'll be in Chicago for Phish that weekend. 2011 Fall Tour in the midwest to me was a success. First time they played in Indianapolis in a while and that show was rockin! Kinda disappointing that they don't come back but can't get mad over things you can't control. Anywho lookin like it's gonna be brooklyn. holmdel for me!

That last November 2011 tour they had two sell outs the last two nights...St. Louis and Indy. I think that's good enough for them to come back.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, SunshineSue, 66slim, Bacon Rocks
gratefulalala
Junior Boarder

#253148 1 year, 6 months ago
Furthur hates the south? No shows below the mason dixon line. I feel sick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bacon Rocks, MS_half-step
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds