• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Summer/Fall Dates tomorrow!!

#251771 1 year ago
SunshineSue wrote:
funky420 wrote:
we're planning on the Greek L.A. but if they announce Berkley L.A. is out of the question!

Are you serious about that? Dave was at the Greek in '84 and kind of likes the idea of going back, and I like the idea of seeing some bay area folks (PAIGE! ATWELL!). It would be pretty cool to have you there, too!

If they do play the Greek, I'm definitely going. One way or another. That does put the Red Rocks trip in jeopardy,
but I couldn't pass up a chance to see a show, (or three) at the Greek!
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#251773 1 year ago
Chester wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
funky420 wrote:
we're planning on the Greek L.A. but if they announce Berkley L.A. is out of the question!

Are you serious about that? Dave was at the Greek in '84 and kind of likes the idea of going back, and I like the idea of seeing some bay area folks (PAIGE! ATWELL!). It would be pretty cool to have you there, too!

If they do play the Greek, I'm definitely going. One way or another. That does put the Red Rocks trip in jeopardy,

Oh man, between the Bay area locals, Funky and now you, that might force my hand away from the mountains and towards the Greek. Heck, then maybe try and do Vegas, too, depending on the timing. This could be fun, FFF Greek Gathering 2013???!
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#251774 1 year ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Chester wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
funky420 wrote:

Oh man, between the Bay area locals, Funky and now you, that might force my hand away from the mountains and towards the Greek. Heck, then maybe try and do Vegas, too, depending on the timing. This could be fun, FFF Greek Gathering 2013???!

If they play Berkley I WILL NOT missed it! but yeah even if they only do L.A. it sounds like we'll be there.
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#251775 1 year ago
Don't be surprised if the dates don't come tomorrow. remember when that Capitol poster came out it took a couple more weeks for them to announce. But at least they'll be announcing something!
The voices tell me what to say
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#251776 1 year ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Equinox wrote:
I'd be up for the Barclay. Easy trip from Philly.

Is a Berkeley Greek show something that might work for you and the Mrs., Equinox? Just wondering!

Awww, that's so sweet of you, Sue.

Unfortunately, it probably won't happen and here's why. Tomorrow morning at 10 am, Stones tickets go on sale for Philly. Even a single show would be steep and there's talk of as many as three shows being announced in all.

We actually were thinking of a second trip this year -- possibly following the Phillies out to Wrigley Field over Labor Day. However, when the Stones announced this tour (such as it is -- only 18 dates) we agreed that this would be our other trip.

It's kind of hard to explain to people who haven't been touched by what the Stones do -- the pure blues core of all rock n roll that goes so much deeper than just the hits. But there's nothing like it, it's true catharsis, as much a result of the psychedelic experience as the Dead. Both my wife and I have seen the Stones dozens of times and these may well be our final opportunities. So we really don't have a choice.

I think in terms of getting Mrs. E. out to some west coast shows the best hope is what you suggested, Sue: A few Giants or Dodgers games and then slip in some shows.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#251777 1 year ago
Summer is here and the time is right.....for Furthur to give us lots of Midwest shows!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei, direwolflove222
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#251781 1 year ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
Summer is here and the time is right.....for Furthur to give us lots of Midwest shows!

Oh yeah!!!! Can't keep overlooking summer thinking about Fall. I'm hoping for another Michigan gathering!!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#251787 1 year ago
funky420 wrote:
Don't be surprised if the dates don't come tomorrow. remember when that Capitol poster came out it took a couple more weeks for them to announce. But at least they'll be announcing something!

the Cap/Spring artwork came out the day before on Frontgate

there was a poster in question that was on some artists website a few weeks before that said "Capitol Theater" and looked like a Furthur poster but it didn't have any dates or band name.... that's probably what your thinking of

no doubt dates will drop tomorrow at noon
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, CosmicCookie, mr. nobody
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#251806 1 year ago
SunshineSue wrote:
What great news to see!!
I like the idea of getting summer and fall dates at the same time. This is really going to help with planning and budgeting. And I also kind of like the fall Deadheadland rumors (emphasis on rumors) about 3 nights in Vegas and Berkley. Though that would make for a very, very hard choice. Vegas is easy, cheap, makes Dave happy and is more of a familiar entity. Berkley is certainly a mecca, and would make Sweetwater and TXR visits a bonus. But it's much more expensive and much more logistically stressful. And then there's still Red Rocks to consider. Hmmmm.....it's going to be quite the thinking, planning and discussion filled weekend, if tickets go on sale Monday!

Still, I sure like this kind of problem!!

Sue that's funny, I was just telling Melody we're going to have some BIG decisions to make this weekend. Dying to see the schedule!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#251842 1 year ago
Denver Man wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
What great news to see!!
I like the idea of getting summer and fall dates at the same time. This is really going to help with planning and budgeting. And I also kind of like the fall Deadheadland rumors (emphasis on rumors) about 3 nights in Vegas and Berkley. Though that would make for a very, very hard choice. Vegas is easy, cheap, makes Dave happy and is more of a familiar entity. Berkley is certainly a mecca, and would make Sweetwater and TXR visits a bonus. But it's much more expensive and much more logistically stressful. And then there's still Red Rocks to consider. Hmmmm.....it's going to be quite the thinking, planning and discussion filled weekend, if tickets go on sale Monday!

Still, I sure like this kind of problem!!

Sue that's funny, I was just telling Melody we're going to have some BIG decisions to make this weekend. Dying to see the schedule!

I hope they don't just put them all on sale tomorrow...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr. nobody
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds